How do i adjust the brake booster rod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do i adjust the brake booster rod? I have a good bit of peddle play in my brake peddle. The brakes work great, no other problems in a healthy brake system. I did replace the booster about 6 months ago and the extra travel in the peddle has been there ever since. I have been told i can adjust the rod length behind the master cylinder. Picture i have seen looks like there is a rod with a nut on it. Do i turn the rod or the nut? I imagine i need to turn the rod out but some pictures show that the nut is what gets turned out. Just not sure of what exactly i am doing.

The nut is there to lock up the rod. Loosen it a half turn or so, and then you can turn the rod to make it longer. Do NOT make it too long or it will get too tight!

Thanks. It was simple once i opened it up. Also i propped something on the brake pedal to make the rod accessible. I marked it with a sharpie and gave it one full turn. Better, but needs more. The truck will still easily role if i take my foot of the brake in neutral on mostly flat ground. So i dont think there is any pressure in the brake system and it still has plenty of free travel on the peddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom