How did you mount the 60 grill emblem on your 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I apologize if this topic has been covered. I could not find one addressing the specifics I am seeking help with.

I know some folks are using aftermarket grills with the 60 grill emblem but I’ve also seen many mount them to the stock 100 grill. Anyone out there try this?

I can think of a few options but don’t want to reinvent the wheel if there is a proven method that others are using

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think the problem with stock grill is the oval portion the the logo emblem sits in- the TOYOTA emblem doesnt cover it completely- looks hack

I have been wanting to do this as well. I have seen few members do it.. Just need to figure out can it be done.. I think the OEM toyota emblem has to be removed and than fill the oval backing with something to be more even

After thinking this through, I have decided to go with this option:

I still prefer the OEM look but the mesh from ebay seems to be the best "bang for buck" option. I think with the 7" light kit I have on order, the look will round out nicely.

I think the problem with stock grill is the oval portion the the logo emblem sits in- the TOYOTA emblem doesnt cover it completely- looks hack
yes. i have now seen a few that have tried and didn't like the finished product. and i can't seem to find anyone selling the OEM look grill minus the "T".

That YouTube video is funny. Just spend 12 hours remaking part of the O.E. grille to prepare for the installation. Next get some zip ties...

That YouTube video is funny. Just spend 12 hours remaking part of the O.E. grille to prepare for the installation. Next get some zip ties...

hahaha...yes. i dont plan to go through all the steps. just cut, sand, and plasti dip.

wish that option worked for the 04's

I have an 04. Plan to mod the screen if necessary. Don’t think the grill size is much different between the 02 and 04

Post updates.. I would like to see how this turns out

Another option from one of our own ( @cruzerDave ); not a ton more $$, available for all years, and positions the mesh at the front of the grille, which I think looks better...

Last edited:
I finally finished mounting this. It was fun and pita at the same time. Not as polished with the ammature grinding and finish in the sides, but certainly “good enough” as I don’t intend to show this car or make it feel like it’s new. Overall, my only complaint with the grill is that it wasn’t cut as accurately as I had wished and I had to bend more than I wanted. The emblem mounting required cutting and bolting with a washer/harness I rigged.

2302FD62-9045-4E69-AD6A-A24AFC3171DA.jpeg

7463266A-8439-484E-AA7F-EC6BEB9EA48D.jpeg

4DAE0662-9483-4BE1-9020-B7F40DD9CEF2.jpeg

D4F3B184-4209-46AA-8A18-A4F16F168F17.jpeg

DF8F1ED5-784D-4BF0-92D6-D39CE7E032BB.jpeg

LOL, I thought this thread was older than it is, and my first thought was.... your pic updates are a real "drop the mic" moment... there's been NO responses! ... but then I saw you posted them yesterday.... :bang:

Looking good, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom