How did Mr. T attach the corner light gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The gasket is separating from the corner light trim and I was wondering how was it attached originally?

7EBA6A86-685B-4F25-A80F-3D6B3CE7125B.jpeg

I’ve used gorilla glue with good results. Just don’t use it on your hair. Or dick

The gasket is separating from the corner light trim and I was wondering how was it attached originally?

View attachment 2590870
For weatherstrip pieces like this I usually use 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive 08001.

Clean both pieces well, smear a little on BOTH pieces to be glued, let it dry for about 10 minutes, then carefully push the pieces together and tape or hold them in place with painter's tape.

This is a yellow gorilla snot looking stuff and it does NOT come off well if you get a drip somewhere or a dribble squeeze out. Don't use too much, a little is good. This stuff is very good when applied correctly, but messy if not careful.

Make sure to squeeze the body of the tube around to mix the tube contents before opening. If it comes out clear and yellow, it's not mixed and it won't work. The correct mix is a bright yellow that you cannot see through.

exactly ^ you only want to use small dabs of the gorrilla glue. It's great in small qty's and a disaster if used in excess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom