How did I miss this? a turbo 105 in Colorado making 700awhp? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go see it before it goes to the crusher!

Yeah I just want to know what they did for a transmission. But the owner didn't sound too knowledgeable considering he said it was a 2UZ. I put a message up on the video, maybe those guys will get back to me.

Go see it before it goes to the crusher!

I started watching that one the other day but got annoyed so fast with those guys making the video I bailed.

"I don't know anything about the Toyotas, just a big version of a Supra".:confused:

Yeah I only watched the 4-5 min with the 105, after that they started talking about Honda’s or something. Lol

I started watching that one the other day but got annoyed so fast with those guys making the video I bailed.

"I don't know anything about the Toyotas, just a big version of a Supra".:confused:

I wonder why ..?

why 105 if you can get that engine ( if you really want the no dist version ) alone .. or even that in a 70 series ..

Well we can't get the 105 here. Our 100 series has the 2UZ V8, but no solid axle. That truck is definitely imported from the middle east. But if you can get 700rwhp and use the stock auto, that is all I need to know. lol.

I wonder why ..?

why 105 if you can get that engine ( if you really want the no dist version ) alone .. or even that in a 70 series ..

Is there a link here I'm missing?

Well we can't get the 105 here. Our 100 series has the 2UZ V8, but no solid axle. That truck is definitely imported from the middle east. But if you can get 700rwhp and use the stock auto, that is all I need to know. lol.

There is a US legal diesel powered 105 in Texas owned by a guy here on mud.

any chance they just imported a done up 105 from Kuwait and are dyno-ing it in the US?

If they would have done it up in the US they would have noticed that the the coolant was water and not something else the day before dyno video cam day. just using my colombo skills

I am certainly not an authority but I would be curious how it is US legal? We never had the 105 here in the US, and the first 105 was in 1998 making it not pass the 25 year import rule. I know there are several other rules for show cars, historically relevant cars, etc, but for normal everyday cars I don’t see how’s its possible.

It is definitely possible he has a car that was driven in and registered in Texas since they have fairly relaxed registration laws, but that doesn’t make it legal. I know a couple cases of people using the 15 year rule in Canada to get exotic cars and then bring them in and register them in obscure easy to register states. But an R34 was just seized and crushed by someone doing this.

There is a US legal diesel powered 105 in Texas owned by a guy here on mud.

I am certainly not an authority but I would be curious how it is US legal? We never had the 105 here in the US, and the first 105 was in 1998 making it not pass the 25 year import rule. I know there are several other rules for show cars, historically relevant cars, etc, but for normal everyday cars I don’t see how’s its possible.

It is definitely possible he has a car that was driven in and registered in Texas since they have fairly relaxed registration laws, but that doesn’t make it legal. I know a couple cases of people using the 15 year rule in Canada to get exotic cars and then bring them in and register them in obscure easy to register states. But an R34 was just seized and crushed by someone doing this.
Pretty sure
@dieseldog has one. NOT diesel though. (Aren’t all 105s 1fz powered)
IIRC, it was a diplomat’s truck or something, and they can register whatever they want here, and sell it when they leave.

Oh and @scottryana that shop is PFI.

Pretty crazy. I’ve been a subscriber or boostedboiz for quite a while and somehow never saw that video. Haven’t watched yet, could tell from the video thumbnail. They a predominantly a Honda tuner, but the owner Brent seems to be able to work magic on just about everything. He’s got a channel too. “PFI speed” I believe.

-Ok I’m off to watch the video now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom