How bad is the rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello MUDers,
I am looking at two trucks one from south carolina and other front penselvania.
What do you all think?
South Carolina 70K

Last edited:
If I had to choose I'd go with the SC rig if the rest of it all checks out. I see a little rust areas on the front end of the SC unit but the PA one you can see the rust along the whole chassis front to back, the seams and you can bet its in areas you can't see in the pics. My .2 for what its worth. Good Luck

I'd stay away from the PA truck FWIW

Definitely the SC truck of the bunch.

Agree - Mine has 110K and looks like the one from SC when checked from underneath.

One watchout: Take the cover off on the tow hitch and control that part in depth. Mine seems like it accumulated a lot of moisture there, and is significantly more affected by rust than rest of the truck.

Cheers!

Thank you everyone. People who bough their trucks recently, where you able to negotiate the price?

To your question about negotiating. I got mine in October and got them to take 3k off the price since it had been on sale for so long

I think its relative to where you live as well. Down here in the South if we see something out of the salt belt we freak out and avoid them like cancer but someone from those areas that know how to treat them and is used to living with that probably don't see it as a big deal.

I'd definitely go for the SC truck.

I'll echo everyone else's comments, SC truck looks better but both look like a they would be just fine with a little wire wheel and POR15 love.

Take down the spare in the PA one and see what it looks like up under there and along the rear bumper...that’s often a trouble spot. Also the rear hatches. Why does the SC one look wet at the rear Diff?

I'll echo everyone else's comments, SC truck looks better but both look like a they would be just fine with a little wire wheel and POR15 love.
I had similar looking rust on mine. An afternoon with a wire wheel and some POR15 and life is good. That was 2 years ago and the stuff still looks good and no signs of any more rust. I wouldn't be concerned about either of those trucks.

Thanks everyone for their input. I decided to go with SC one and will be closing deal on Tuesday.
I am going over things that I need and cant get any information on following:
Is there PIN code to unlock radio/navigation after battery disconnect? if yes where to look for it.
Dealer told me that there is no manual in the car. My acura had little card with these numbers, should I except the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom