How are y'all attaching shovels/axes to the side of your roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pack a short garden shovel and store inside the cargo area.....same shovel size, just a shorter handle. Just not super fond of storing a long a$$ shovel outside the vehicle YMMV.

Similar to this:

shovel.JPG

I pack a short garden shovel and store inside the cargo area.....same shovel size, just a shorter handle. Just not super fond of storing a long a$$ shovel outside the vehicle YMMV.

Similar to this:

View attachment 2357442
But it doesn't look as cool!

Need to install red shackles too! ;)

Similar to this:

View attachment 2357442
Kind of what i do. Usually stored on the floor behind the front seats.

keep the shovel and axe inside the car on the road...no need to have s*** hanging outside of the car on the highway for safety reasons.
If I find a secure enough mount I don't think there's anything to worry about. There's no way I'd mount these items knowing there was a possibility of them coming loose.

Just an update, used the quick fists and these things hold the shovel extremely tight. I even tried with all my strength to move the shovel back and forth and it didn't budge at all. As for the latches, they seem really secured and the "teeth" are recessed quite a bit to the point that it takes some effort to unlatch them. I'll update you guys how well they hold up after the trip.

As for installation, I just attached them to the locking latch on the Bowfin with the supplied bolt.
2A5F4A8F-E040-4E3B-8AC8-2CDB4A00973D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom