Wanted Houston, TX: Need Rear Locked Axle Housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a rear 96 FZJ80 rear locked axle housing. Please send PM if you have one close to me. I could drive out some to get them. Would consider whole axle for the right price.

Other than the notch needed for the locker thought the rear axle housing a were the same. This would be 93-97. The gasket for between the diff and axle could be used where the axle needed to be ground out. The locker uses a couple longer studs on the housing to mount the diff but these just thread into the housing. The short side inner axle has to be one for a locker because those have longer splines. Non locker inner axle will not work.

Other than the notch needed for the locker thought the rear axle housing a were the same. This would be 93-97. The gasket for between the diff and axle could be used where the axle needed to be ground out. The locker uses a couple longer studs on the housing to mount the diff but these just thread into the housing. The short side inner axle has to be one for a locker because those have longer splines. Non locker inner axle will not work.
They’re not the same at all. Close but no cigar. My axle works perfectly but the rust on it is driving me crazy.

They’re not the same at all. Close but no cigar. My axle works perfectly but the rust on it is driving me crazy.

lol, he's right. its a small notch and some different studs.

lol, he's right. its a small notch and some different studs.
Ok, maybe he is. I haven’t read through tbh but i’d rather not have to buy an axle to then have it worked on so that it works like the one I have. But maybe i’d consider one for the right price. No one has offered one yet, do you have one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom