SOLD Houston, Tx: 2001 TLC 168k built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
********SOLD**********
- sold here on Mud, hopefully the new owner enjoys as much as I did!

Have 2 toddlers and my needs have changed, so I got a 200, and my wife said I can't keep the 100...

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser <168,500 miles, non-nav
Purchased in Chattanooga, TN in 2014 with 120k miles, stock....timing belt done by previous owner
Leather in fair shape, has been covered with Marathon Cordura seat covers and console cover, but front seat has a couple tears(covers included, but removed for sale).
Weathertech floor liners, including trunk liner
Raingler Cargo net pet and cargo barrier
LED low/high headlights
All Interior and Dash lights replaced w/ LED(except ‘D’ light on dash)(driver map light is red)
RAM arm passenger seat mount for phone/tablet
Added Homelink garage door opener to overhead console
80 Series diff lock factory switch and wiring in place, but never installed lockers
Suspension:
Slee Diff Drop
Total Chaos Upper Control Arms
ICON Stage 2, 2.5” Remote Res Shocks
Custom Fabbed Extended front sway bar links
Man-A-Fre Extended Rear sway bar links
Outpost Off Road HD Offset Rear Lower Control Links/arms
Firestone Ride Rite air-bags in rear springs with fill fittings on rear bumper
OME 860 (Medium) rear springs and Slee Off Road 30mm spacers
OME Torsion Bars
Exterior:
Spidertrax 1.25” Hub-centric front wheel spacers
5x 295.75.r16 Toyo Open Country AT/2 on OEM 16” wheels powder coated black w/ 5 center caps w/ chrome Toyota logo
Slee Rear bumper with dual swing arms and fuel can/cooler rack
ARB front full bumper/brush guard w/ 30” LED light bar
Jonsey/Duiser Off Road HD recovery brackets X2 on front end
Warn Zeon 10k w/ synthetic line, remote solenoid, wireless remote, F55 Pro-Link, and F55 fairlead
White Knuckle Off Road DOM sliders
Gamiviti reversible rack with sunroof cutout and LED light bar and clip-on fairing(never installed)
All interior speakers replaced with Infinity components(rear sub replaced, not infinity)
JVC DVD head unit with Bluetooth and ipod controls(USB to glove box) and reverse cam
Cobra 75 hideaway CB installed under console, k40 4’ fiberglass whip included
Wired for Wilson cell booster w/ interior wireless antenna on console, routed to trunk(amplifier not included)
Diff and trans breathers extended to engine bay and rear filler neck
Slee Dual battery/ARB compressor bracket with ARB dual compressor
Dual Duracell(Deka) batteries
Font mudflaps(cut for slider clearance)
7-pin round trailer light connector under rear bumper
35% ceramic tint front windows as best match for factory rear window tint

Replaced:
All fluids changed to synthetic when purchased at 120k(M1 motor and trans, Amsoil diffs and transfer case)
Spark plugs
Heater Ts
Fuel filter
Lower ball joints
Both CV axles
Inner and outer tie-rods
Steering rack bushings changed to polyurethane
Both driveshafts rebuilt
Front wheel bearings replaced
Front and rear brake pads and rotors(rears are slotted)
Added LX470 HVAC door and in-cabin air filters
Replaced a/c compressor
Rebuilt parking brakes

This year:
New Denso radiator
New fan clutch
New alternator
New valve cover gaskets

One remote key in Eternity Key body
One non-remote, rubber body key
Original glovebox manual

***************SOLD****************

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking rig!

Thanks! I have really enjoyed it, even though I only got to take it to CO once...I bought it to be just a bit nicer than my 85 CJ-7, but it turned out to be much nicer. However, it also evolved to be my daily driver and then my carpool vehicle, and it's just a bit too much for that. Kids are at the age, now, where they're just starting to climb in and out by themselves, and it was quite difficult for the 2 year old.

I'll add some more pics tomorrow...hopefully the sun will come out a little....In the meantime, here is my build thread that hasn't been updated in a few years: Build Thread

- Jeb

The only major paint/body issues:
full

full
The hood has some light oxidation, could probably use to be cut more aggressively than I’m comfortable doing, myself, and it would be almost perfect.
full

Hard to see it in pictures

Last edited:
front locked?

Regeared?

front locked?

Regeared?

neither,...I was moving in that direction, but then I had kids and trips necessitating have been nonexistent.

note that it doesn’t have a rear locker, either, I just started the wiring with the factory style knob when I installed the compressor

Curious why you only have front Slee Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers but not rear? Did you have to do any fender mods or experience any rubbing issues after spacers were installed?

Curious why you only have front Slee Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers but not rear? Did you have to do any fender mods or experience any rubbing issues after spacers were installed?

Lifting the front end causes the IFS to lose track width, and I maxed the front end(relative to available added droop from the Icon shocks), so it was noticeably more narrow than the rear. The Spidertrax spacers brought them out so they look better, and also, I gained control arm clearance for running tire chains on all 4 wheels(which I never ended up doing/needing)....The front end is ~.5-.75” wider than the rear, but it isn’t noticeable without measuring....I did measure it once to look into slip-on spacers, but it just never got to the top of list.

I did have a slight rub on the mud flaps, but I trimmed them back.

Maybe you took the price down when you posted Sale pending, but I can't find it. Mainly curious as it looks like something I'd interested in and curious about the price. Thanks, and GLWS!

Maybe you took the price down when you posted Sale pending, but I can't find it. Mainly curious as it looks like something I'd interested in and curious about the price. Thanks, and GLWS!
Yep posting the sale price would benefit the community. See no reason not to.

Yep posting the sale price would benefit the community. See no reason not to.
I don’t agree. I’d love to know the sale price, but it’s really none of my business. That’s between the seller and buyer. Only person at this point that has a right to post it is the buyer...but I don’t expect that to happen either.

^ This.
It isn’t my place to say what the buyer paid. He is a member here on Mud, and if he wants to reveal that he was the purchaser and what he paid, I feel it is up to him.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t, however, given an earlier post griping about prices, as if supply and demand plus many other market factors don’t affect prices of these vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom