Houston cruiser recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
The plan was to be living in Northern Colorado, the place that rust forgot, with a garage and angle grinder, able to rid my newest mistress (85 60-series) of her rust problems. But then life happened and I am now in Houston, TX in an apartment downtown.

So I call out to the Texans and Houstonians on mud, I would appreciate some recommendations on body shops in and around the Houston area that can botox some of the inherited body damage and rust that I am running with before the humid, salty air makes things worse.

How bad of shape is she in?

I have only seen body shops around Houston, never talked to one or anything.

River Oaks Paint and Body on Kirby looks pretty fancy, I see Ferrari's and Maserati's there

I'm a student at UH, not that far from you!

Cruiser club meeting is on second saturday of every month at memorial park. Last month was the first time for mr to cheak it out but only saw one other cruiser who's first time was also that day. It was spring break so maybe next month will be better. Well, if they do show up maybe you can get some good advise there.

I'd start out finding a local cruiser mechanic - then see who they recommend.

A quick search of the Cruiser mechanic sticky:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/search.php?searchid=7085835

Looks like a couple options - even just calling to see who they recommend should save you some time.

GL!

Good to know there are a few of you guys in the houston area,

kline:

There are some character building body damage scars, some rust and possibly some cancer, bought her in Colorado about 6 months ago, but she has been living in Atlanta and now on to Houston.

I think i will call the recommended mechanics on the sticky and get their opinion on body shops, there are things i need to talk to them about anyway, i think it is time to fix the squeaking/chirping throwout bearing on the h55f as well as clutch and rear main while at it.

but she has been looking to get off the concrete, where do you like to go if you have a weekend with no plans?

I actually know of nothing in the Houston area haha.

I'm from Belton which is three hours from Houston.

Jealous you have an H55F, thats my dream!

Mechanic

I live in Victoria, a couple hours west of Houston. A buddy and I use Javier's for all our mechanical needs. They are also known as Gulf Coast Crawl Shop and recently ran the King of The Hammer in California. Very nice an more importantly honest. Besides that, they do fantastic work. Highly recommend you check them out as they also have connections for paint/body.

John

I also have had very good experience with Javier's. He did a head gasket / head rebuild on my 3FE recently. The truck has never run better.

If he could recommend you a body shop, that would be a great place to start. I had some rust spots cut out and metal welded in, plus paint at Bill's Garage on Polk street. The work looks great from 10 ft away, but there are imperfections up close. The prices were very reasonable & Bill was very easy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom