For Sale Houston: 2018 LC - do any 200 owners/locals know of this rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
I'm looking for something more family friendly than my '62 & came across this nice looking 2018 200 in Houston. I am located in NorCal, so unable / unwilling to jet on over without being fairly certain about the truck. Any local 200 owners to the area & possibly know anything about this truck? 2018 LC - Houston area

My knowledge of the 200 suspension & KDSS is limited, but I did do most of the work on my '62 so not totally clueless.

I am used to buying private party, in person - so I'm cautious of any dealer's willingness/motivation to full disclosure. Dealer states OME lift has been installed. The job looks to be done well on the surface with remote reservoirs & lines in logical places (they sent f/u videos), but I'm curious if KDSS relocation has been done properly (how to tell??).

The alignment camber looks off and the truck seems to be riding really high. Could this be from too much pre-load and/or lack of aftermarket UCAs? Are aftermarket UCAs required for a BP-51 install (I know many kits include them)?

Also sent me videos & it looks to be a bp-51 on initial glance (I can email videos to anyone interested in helping to assess).

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to lend some eyeballs to this one!

I changed the UCA’s on mine. That was what SLEE recommended so that is what I did. You can jet to me or I will ship mine to you. I’m easy.

I'm still in contact with the dealer, but don't have any definitive answers re:suspension work & history of the truck as of yet.

Edit: Was able to get the CarFax, but anything else is like pulling teeth. I guess they're not used to / open to remote buyers... @SEAWOLF maybe you'll have better luck if you're interested in this one.

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2018 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER_ JTMCY7AJ6J4069405.pdf
    901 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Not much help but FWIW, the Toyota service history aligns with the Carfax in that the only attention it's been given is oil changes at ~5k mile intervals. I would note that the Carfax mentions Duggy's Garage as the place for alignment. You could reach out to them or try to PM Duggy on here. Odds are they installed the lift and did the alignment, at least the latter.

RE: vehicle height. If I had to guess it's sitting on 65 series (32"ish) tires so the vehicle appears higher due to fender gap than actual lift height. Many are running mid 33s/small 34s. I would not worry about KDSS relocation as I would not want one on my truck, and would potentially advise removing it if it is so equipped. If I'm right on tire size, those won't likely rub the KDSS bar anyhow.

Silver/terra is a sweet combo.

Hi all! We have definitely received a lot of PMs about this vehicle. It was owned by a customer of ours who bought it new but traded in for a larger vehicle (Yukon Denali). We installed a full OME BP51 kit with SPC UCAs and aligned the vehicle to our specs. You are right that the vehicle does look a bit high, as requested by our customer to install 723 rear springs and keep the BP51 pre-load at the 20mm height, which is generally reserved for vehicles that have front bumper/winch installed. It does still ride very well, and he was happy with the vehicle. His family just needed a larger vehicle.

Any idea if a mud member bought this?

It was inspected by us and shipped to San Francisco (or was it San Diego?). Somewhere in California

Hmmm. I arranged things with the selling GM dealer for Duggy’s shop to do an inspection. I was then told by the dealer very shortly thereafter that the car was sold before I could try to work out a sale with them.... I sure hope I didn’t pay for someone else’s inspection & then lost the car on top of that!

Interesting, is this Drew? We performed the inspection on the vehicle and Thomas spoke with you about the deficiencies we found on the vehicle. The dealer asked us for the inspection report, but we did not supply it to them. I assumed it went to you after we did the inspection. Apologies for that confusion.

Hey Doug, yes it’s Drew. To put a nail in this, you’ve got it correct. Thomas was indeed extremely helpful & the inspection report was nothing short of excellent! I think I recall the dealer telling me it went to a local buyer. Bummer from my perspective, as I was trying to work out a sale with them - leaky steering rack & all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom