Hot South Smoker Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since the ride was canceled this weekend do we want to get this tank burned off? Do we need to stand around it drinking some beers to make sure it is depleted safely? :)

She's begging for attention. Who's up for coming by tomorrow-ish to get it on the trailer? That's helpful step.

Also, I'll be wrangling some new bushings into the 80 with Rory's help around noon. Feel free to bring beers and play armchair foreman.

PS. LLKs are at HPO. Could get some wheeling in with them in the afternoon or Sunday. Who's game?

She's begging for attention. Who's up for coming by tomorrow-ish to get it on the trailer? That's helpful step.

Also, I'll be wrangling some new bushings into the 80 with Rory's help around noon. Feel free to bring beers and play armchair foreman.

PS. LLKs are at HPO. Could get some wheeling in with them in the afternoon or Sunday. Who's game?

We’ve got pinewood derby at 1000 tomorrow but might be able to swing by after

Leading a hike Saturday or I would

a place to buy hinges and handles if we can't find scrap parts

Also some good info here

Last edited:
What's goin on hare...
How about a work day 3/30 or 3/31?

Bad weekend for me. I'll be in the Carolinas. But yes, let's get moving on this thing.

Found a good reference for the smoker. Posting it for later use...

20190501_131601.jpg

Looks right. I like the wrenches for handles

Sway bar is coming off the 60...should make for a pretty good lid handle

Ok, getting a work day kicked off Saturday. We will start laying the puzzle pieces at Zach's and then try to meet every other Saturday until done. Come out and kick tires and help us figure it out!

This needs sharing in more conspicuous venues.

A little progress today, had to leave before we finished so we’ll see how far we got later.

Got the regulator and all the other plugs and gauges out. Filled the tank with water to displace what was left of the gas...

67457A60-F62F-49CD-88E6-61FABA226231.jpeg

Cut up an old 80 series axle housing for the stack....

A4F4AD21-8F53-409D-9D7F-E18ACB4835A8.jpeg

Debating our next move....

4C6B84E3-300D-45DD-B6C6-BFE4CEEF14F3.jpeg

So based on our tank and discussion the above reflect the *recommended* numbers we should be using for our various components.

The 2.5in axle diameter would require a length of 7.8ft to fall into this guys ideal range.

So based on our tank and discussion the above reflect the *recommended* numbers we should be using for our various components.

The 2.5in axle diameter would require a length of 7.8ft to fall into this guys ideal range.
Thanks for the calculations.
If we want to keep the chimney pipe around 3.5', what's the diameter?

Maybe we can use both sides of the axle? Twin stacks!

And the chunk's extra volume has to count for at least a foot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom