Hot engine when spinning fast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally, I don't view rust and deposits as being structural.
Sorry but I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean that there can be a coating of rust that can form on surfaces in the cooling system? If so I wouldn’t necessarily wanna dislodge that stuff and cause a blockage, but I’m not sure how much of a risk that is. Idk it seems like sometimes in rigs this old PM can do more harm than good like transmission flushes and the like.

Do you mean that there can be a coating of rust that can form on surfaces in the cooling system? If so I wouldn’t necessarily wanna dislodge that stuff and cause a blockage
I don't understand why you think there would be a blockage. Have you watched videos of people doing flushes? It comes out as discolored water and small bits of grit. It doesn't break off in sheets. If you're having cooling problems, then it's very likely that your radiator is clogged and/or your cooling passages are lined with corrosion that's not supposed to be there. Why would you want to preserve that condition?

like transmission flushes
Another old wives' tale. You shouldn't be using external power-flush machines to flush the transmission, but doing a "Rodney flush" or simply draining and refilling the transmission fluid with the correct, new fluid isn't going to harm anything. Exactly the same scenario: if doing this preventative maintenance causes your transmission to fail, then it was on its last legs and you should be happy to have found that out in your driveway rather than the desert.

This is unbelievably common. People do some maintenance. Things fail. They blame the failure on the maintenance rather than the reality that the underlying components were already beyond their service life. No different than people who blame their random engine failure on the crew that changed their tires or brakes the week prior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom