Hoss’ Driver’s side mirror build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thesurrealmccoys.com
I’m nowhere near as talented as many of the folks here. I read with admiration and fascination all of the build threads. Tearing these rigs apart in your garage or at the curb to restore these Cruisers is something else.

Once again, I’m not as talented..... I have trouble changing lightbulbs..... not very mechanically inclined. But, having been inspired by everyone on here, I dove into my first project on Hoss after dropping a kayak as I took it down from the roof carrier and destroyed my drivers side mirror......

mirror_zpstu0h90e7.jpeg

Good news was there wasn’t any damage to the paint or body. Not even a dent. Just a destroyed mirror.

mirror2_zpsdj3xpwff.jpeg

Since I see you guys talk about the tools you’re using as you rebuild your birfs, differentiate your locks, tweak your troll-hole carbs and/or machine your intake manifolds, I figured I’d better show what tools I used.

Here it is:

mirror3_zpsciz5h8ha.jpeg

A #2 by 4 inch made in China Phillips head screwdriver.

I ordered a OEM mirror from Cruiser Corps [in retrospect, I should have just taken a peak at the parts classifieds, I could have got one for less than 1/2 price] and the install worked just perfect.

mirror4_zps8mm4u29g.jpeg

So, with one project under my belt, I’m going to tackle my next job which is getting a 31x10.5x15 tire on the spare tire and figuring how to mount it underneath. I took some measurements and I think it will fit....? But I need to order a Carrier Assembly [SOR part number 142-60K] and a bolt [SOR part number 142-65B]. If anyone has either of these that I can buy, let me know!

It's a good start, before you know it you'll be able to rebuild your engine all by yourself with all the knowledge on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom