hose thing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK i read someware on the site about a hose or a pipe fitting that would go from the fill hole on the transfer case to the fill hole in the transmission.This would keep fluids eveb between the twowithout taking anything appart to change
seals.

This?

Specter sells one too, but this one is a lot cleaner design. You can make it too, but I needed one FAST, without a lot of fiddling around looking for metric fittings... Ain't cheap, especially if you have it sent next-day air :eek: !

SOR.com sells a ready-made kit(priced nice and high...about $60 as I recall) or you can make one for pennies...do a search on this site. I bought the Specter one 'cause I'm lazy and it saved me from multiple trips to my local[lousy]hardware stores.
P.S. If you get the Specter kit pick up a couple of oil drain washers 'cause the ones that come on the kit are no good.

get a couple of extra plugs, drill and tap, chunk of hose and a couple of brass fittings...done.

nuclearlemon said:
get a couple of extra plugs, drill and tap, chunk of hose and a couple of brass fittings...done.

Gotta agree here. I am getting ready to do just this to my 84 60, that way maybe my stinky FJ60 wont be so stinky ;)

I went to local hydrolic hose shop...got 2 each, 90 degree barb fittings that fit the thread (brought a plug with me for sizing) and about 16 inches of hyd hose...$23.
About 20 min to screwing , cut & push hose on barbs...done...

I bought the MAF oil return kit. It looks really simple to build, but I did not want to spend the time to search for the right fittings. So far it seems to be doing a good job.

What is the advantage of doing this? Some one mentioned it not being stinky anymore...what kinda smell are you talkin about...what does it smell like.
Thanks, Chuck

CruisinTiger said:
What is the advantage of doing this? Some one mentioned it not being stinky anymore...what kinda smell are you talkin about...what does it smell like.
Thanks, Chuck

I don't know what the "stink" reference is to, but the advantage of doing this is that the oil thats pumped into the transfer gets returned to the tranny, where it belongs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom