HorsePower 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
My virgin post in the 100series section, but it's a fairly simple question.

What is the most HP you guys have heard of getting out of the 100series engine (No NOS). I know that with the Slee Turbo you can get around 300, but What's the Max you all have heard of (factually). HOw about the over seas verisions? How did the owner attain the Horse Power? (turbo, SC, internal mods?)

I've been toying with the idea of someday doing the Baja in a 100series. with IFS the 100 is much better suited for the dunes and dirt at speed coiled over with all the goodies. Thanks in advance:beer:

Last edited:
Not an extreme example but the fabled Safari Intercooled Turbo for the 2UZFE is supposed to develop 375 crank hp and 465 ft lbs of torque (5psi and 95 RON fuel). All we need is our two orders plus 23 more orders to make it happen. :D

:idea: I just noticed the special Safari Airbox. That might allow us LX owners to add a second battery up front! Probably rquires a minimum of 25 orders of that too. :crybaby:
v8_bay_1.jpg

Not an extreme example but the fabled Safari Intercooled Turbo for the 2UZFE is supposed to develop 375 crank hp and 465 ft lbs of torque (5psi and 95 RON fuel). All we need is our two orders plus 23 more orders to make it happen. :D

:idea: I just noticed the special Safari Airbox. That might allow us LX owners to add a second battery up front! Probably rquires a minimum of 25 orders of that too. :crybaby:

I guess I'll just have to make a racing team comprized of 23 trucks, lol:grinpimp: . thanks for the info hoser

Make that 22 trucks, as Team Loud Baja will be buying one...you'll need every advantage you can get for the Baja, bro! :)

I don't have hp numbers from AVO but according to them, the 2UZ will take more boost if the insides are upgraded. The rods are not strong enough. We had peak 325 hp at the wheels on one dyno run. The turbo is at 7psi and capable of much more. I would say you can get between 400 and 500 if the motor is built to take it.

The rods used in the early Lexus 4.0 V8 are beefier than the ones in our motor. There were also some custom rods built buy some of the Lexus tuners. There are some pictures taken from a Lexus site floating around here somewhere. Maybe one of the people from that site will chime in.

Wow, TeamLoud wants one of those Safari turbo setups ASAP! thats just pure beauty right there! Its things like this that make me want to keep the LX and not move on till the thing truely dies.

On the internals, look for "Lextreme" on TundraSolutions or just in general. You should find some more information reguarding the different rods.

Last edited:
400-500, that's starting to sound like the kind of numbers that motivate. I kind of figured that internal work would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom