Horn pad contacts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to check the horn contacts on the steering wheel of my 1995 LC. To get a good look at them I would have to remove the plastic cover over the airbag, I plan on disabling the steering wheel airbag (remove airbag fuse, remove negative battery cable and wait 90 seconds). My question is how do I remove the center cover? Does it just pull off? One of the contacts does not sound like the other and causing some horn issues (going off by just touching the steering wheel). Thanks for the assist.

the center cover is part of the airbag and it comes out as a complete unit.

disconnect battery

iirc you need a t30 torx driver to remove 2 screws on the sides of the steering wheel hub, hidden under trim covers.

then the airbag unit pulls out. you have access to the contacts at this point, it is the rear of the airbag that grounds to the steering wheel frame to beep the horn

hth

X2. make sure you dont drop the torx bolt when. dont ask me how I know :) The yellow wire can be disconnected which is for the airbag, but is needed when pulling off the airbag/center piece. I can take a pic of the back of the unit if you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom