Horn Issue with 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi fellow LX enthusiasts!

Recently, I noticed LX 470 horn is working sporadically and it seems to change based on the telescopic control I make on the steering wheels.

In another word, if the horn doesn't work I simply adjust the steering wheel with the telescope control and the horn comes back to life. Also, I noticed that the horn doesn't work when the steering assembly is all the way or all the way out.

Any experience with this? Also, what is the connector under the steering wheel that I should look at to make sure everything is tight?

Thanks!

Hi fellow LX enthusiasts!

Recently, I noticed LX 470 horn is working sporadically and it seems to change based on the telescopic control I make on the steering wheels.

In another word, if the horn doesn't work I simply adjust the steering wheel with the telescope control and the horn comes back to life. Also, I noticed that the horn doesn't work when the steering assembly is all the way or all the way out.

Any experience with this? Also, what is the connector under the steering wheel that I should look at to make sure everything is tight?

Thanks!

I am having a silmiliar problem. If the horn does not work I move the steering wheel and it then works. Any recommendations?

My horn sounds like someone stepped on a mouse is this normal?

If I’ve been reading these threads correctly, can I assume if I get no sound from the horns, and no click from the Underwood fuse box, that the problem is in either the wiring in the steering column or in the grounding of the steering wheel pad?

Gents,
I have a 2000 lx470, my horn does not always work. I normally need to move the fiddle with the tilt and telescope to get it to work. Now this vehicle has had the telescopic motor changed 3 times, the ignition done, the Steering wheel straightened because it was off to the left. Any recommendations on what to chase? Clockspring ring?

So dealer had fixed horn issue, they said they had to fix a ground wire. They also said I needed a new horn pad but horn works in every position. Everything was fine until I disconnected the battery. My horn was not working after that, moving the steering wheel got the horn to work. Anyone have a recommendation on what I should check to get the horn working consistently ?

So dealer had fixed horn issue, they said they had to fix a ground wire. They also said I needed a new horn pad but horn works in every position. Everything was fine until I disconnected the battery. My horn was not working after that, moving the steering wheel got the horn to work. Anyone have a recommendation on what I should check to get the horn working consistently ?
Sounds like the clock spring in your steering wheel may be bad, if moving the steering wheel gets it to work or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom