Horn going off after rainstorm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I need help! My 98 LC started going crazy all of a sudden. It started out with a weird “mower like noise” that we thought the cruiser was going to catch fire, then the horn went off and wouldn’t stop. I disconnected the battery for a day but when I reconnected it the horn went off again and wouldn’t stop. It happened after some heavy rain but the car was parked during that rain.. any idea?! Could it be a bad horn ora faulty wire somewhere or is it a leak somewhere?

important thing to mention, my windshield rubber/seal piece on the outside of the vehicle came off partially from the drivers side from the bottom of the windshield but I usually put it back in place

Fix your windshield seal, dry out the drivers side front area for a few days (fans, DampRid, pull up carpet and soak up standing water), reconnect battery.

Hey everyone,

I need help! My 98 LC started going crazy all of a sudden. It started out with a weird “mower like noise” that we thought the cruiser was going to catch fire, then the horn went off and wouldn’t stop. I disconnected the battery for a day but when I reconnected it the horn went off again and wouldn’t stop. It happened after some heavy rain but the car was parked during that rain.. any idea?! Could it be a bad horn ora faulty wire somewhere or is it a leak somewhere?

important thing to mention, my windshield rubber/seal piece on the outside of the vehicle came off partially from the drivers side from the bottom of the windshield but I usually put it back in place
This is your front left drain tube is blocked. If u see from underneath where the pinch weld is u need to pole something in there it's a tiny gap and it will let the water out. It's the sunroof drain ... If u check your floor carpet I'm sure it's wet and soggy.

Sounds like a grounded electrical system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom