Hoping to score an FJ40 tomorrow plus pics of my old 73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had a 73 FJ40 about 10 years ago and was stupid and sold it. I think I finally found another worth buying and hope to pick it up this week. I'm pretty excited and figured I'd post some pics of my old FJ which will hopefully be followed by pics of my new FJ later this week.

The 73 had a 350 and was mostly rust free. I sold it in Washington, anyone recognize it? I've often wondered where it ended up.
fj40front.jpg
cruiser1.JPG
cruiser4.JPG

Last edited:
Wellcome to mud , yah that was a dum move,
Good luck with the other one ,and I give you #33 of the smilies.

what steering column/steering set up did you have---lokks good

I'm not entirely sure, I bought it that way. The column was probably Toyota, it had a Toyota key and steering wheel. The wheel in the pics is one I had lying around from a Renault GTA. The power steering and large stock wheel was almost too much. There was better feel with the smaller wheel.

You can see part of the power steering system right behind the front bumper if that helps identify it.

Here's some more pics including the engine with its ridiculous air filter.
fj40engine.jpg
cruiser6.JPG
cruiser3.JPG

I believe that 40 is here in Lake Tahoe I saw it sitting in a back yard. I will try and go by and get some pics of it He is selling it. The 350 was pulled and replaced with a 2f they guy was going to do a stock restore (toyota parts w mods) and passed away.

I believe that 40 is here in Lake Tahoe I saw it sitting in a back yard. I will try and go by and get some pics of it He is selling it. The 350 was pulled and replaced with a 2f they guy was going to do a stock restore (toyota parts w mods) and passed away.

Awesome, I'd love to see pictures of it. If it's the same truck can you pass along the contact info? Maybe I'll get a wild hair and have it shipped up here.:p

Pretty sure thats a later model steering column, I have the same/similar (looks the same in pictures but not 100& sure) one in my 75 40...

Could be, this thing was frankensteined together. Chevy through to the transfer case, center pumpkin (mini truck? chevy?) rear end, disc brake front, etc. At least I had the bezel on right :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom