Hoping this works for my spongy brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1667.jpg

Let the fun begin

IMG_1667.jpg

Exact one I have and use. You don't need to pump it up more than 10-12 psi.

The unit works very well keeping a steady supply of brake fluid in the master cylinder reservoir and of course there is no need for anyone to pump the brakes. BUT....since the fluid is under relatively low pressure it can take some time (and fluid) to move air bubbles out of the lines especially at high points.

Your LSPV will give you the most trouble. Also If there is air in the your Anti-Lock system you will need to activate it several times and re-bleed. But yes, its a handy tool if you don't have a helper around.

Emma Watson looks concerned...:hmm:

Just do gravity bleed, best way to bleed these trucks and you do it by yourself and it's free. Just have to keep eye on master

Have you double checked that exact adapter fits on our brake reservoirs?

Yes. It fits the reservoir. You tighten a screw on the top that expands the O-ring seal against the reservoir creating the seal. I will probably put it to use this evening. I still need to go by Wal-Mart and get a gallon of brake fluid.

Also, what's the harm in putting more than 20 psi? Is there concern you will blow the reservoir off the master cylinder? That would be one heck of a mess.

Yes. It fits the reservoir. You tighten a screw on the top that expands the O-ring seal against the reservoir creating the seal. I will probably put it to use this evening. I still need to go by Wal-Mart and get a gallon of brake fluid.

Also, what's the harm in putting more than 20 psi? Is there concern you will blow the reservoir off the master cylinder? That would be one heck of a mess.
Yeah that's a lot of psi for the non pressure side. I've used one of those motive bleeders for years on my Audis. I've rarely gone beyond 10 psi.

I have one of those and when I use it, I have to jam a stick between the seat and the brake pedal to keep the pedal depressed. Also, keep an eye on the fluid in the thing, as it will go through quite a bit.

I have one of those and when I use it, I have to jam a stick between the seat and the brake pedal to keep the pedal depressed. Also, keep an eye on the fluid in the thing, as it will go through quite a bit.

I hope you are joking?........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom