Hoping for a barn find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In fairness, I have a pretty built up 4runner and you can hear the supercharger whining from blocks away. That's what got his attention. He's 65+ and had to stop driving it because he can't get into it anymore which is why it sat. Test drive for sure is in the cards, I'm waiting to hear back from a mechanic buddy on an estimate for a full baseline and will probably use that to gauge where I go with this.
That's what I was assuming, therefore, concerned he might know you spend money on your vehicle, and target you for trying to upsell his vehicle.
I also find it concerning when people drop the money for a rebuild or replacement part then offload it shortly after. Red flag for me.
I understand he physically can't use the vehicle. More reason to negotiate. Or pass the info on to others - many are looking for parts rigs. Buy it, then flip it as is for a small profit.

That's what I was assuming, therefore, concerned he might know you spend money on your vehicle, and target you for trying to upsell his vehicle.
I also find it concerning when people drop the money for a rebuild or replacement part then offload it shortly after. Red flag for me.
I understand he physically can't use the vehicle. More reason to negotiate. Or pass the info on to others - many are looking for parts rigs. Buy it, then flip it as is for a small profit.
sage advice. If I pass on it a few folks have already pinged asking for contact info, so I'll rotate it over to someone that can use it.

I don't personally suspect anything fishy with the truck or the guy from what you have told so far. I would count the cost of fixing it up vs buying a baselined 93+ model that's ready to go. 91 and 92 have the 3fe which makes 155hp, so keep that in mind. The 93 got the 1fz which is dohc and more powerful.

Did you offer less and he stuck to his guns, or just decide against it?

These comments crack me up. $3,000 grand is to much. Welcome to inflation, you can't get much for $3,000.00 now days.

1994 xr600 dirt bikes that are thrashed are selling for $3,000.00 in my area.

I have spent $3,000.00 on a rifle.

If the trucks runs good and you want a cheap wheeling project than SEND IT!!!!

Black mould would be a no go for me.

Been there done that. Once it's in the interior you can't get rid of it. It'll come back every time humidity gets high enough. Even if you strip everything out.

A serious rodent infestation would be up there too
Unlesss you wanna get the full @SNLC treatment…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom