Hooiser Cruiser Event - Land Between the Lakes Aug 13-14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
Hi all,
Well for all those in our club and for everyone else, here are the details of the Hooiser Cruiser's Club event.

Date:
August 13th and 14th.
Some people may arrive on the 12th.

Place
Land Between the Lakes
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211
Tel: 270 924-2000

Direction to LBTL
Please visit Directions

Wheeling Area in LBTL is Turkey Bay OHV Park
or click Wheeling Area

Accomodations, Rates and Fee for LBTL:
Rates and Hours

TURKEY BAY OHV AREA
OPEN YEAR-ROUND
Basic Camping $8.00 per night

OHV PERMITS:
1- to 3-Day Permit $15.00 (Valid for 3 consecutive days from date of purchase.)

OHV Rules and Regulations:
www.lbl.org/RULESOHV.html

Food for Saturday night:
There will be a pitch in style for all that plan to stay overnight at the camp.
Email me with what you would like to bring to the dinner. Grilled burgers hotdogs and possible chicken will be the main course.

We have invited others club within TLCA to join us.
Rice On the Rocks out of Cinn, OH will be joining us
As well, Bluegrass Cruisers out of Kentucky.

We'll see ya there guys,

Thanks,

Jimmy

Last edited:
I plan to attend this shindig(with Bluegrass Cruisers) and had a question. What day and time is everyone meeting up? I ask because I work 2nd shift and will have to work Friday night, unless I play hookey:)

Josh,
We'll usually meet up on Friday night at the camping area. Then we'll head out about 10am on Saturday for wheelin.

my plans are to go down Friday afternoon. I have never been to this area so If any one can direct me to the best area to set up camp I would appriceate it. Also does any one know if they allow booze in the camping area?

Campground Updates

Hello again,

Well, I got some accommodation that I think will be easiest for all to gather at. I will give a call tomorrow and make some reservations if they take them.

Turkey Bay, which is the wheelin area, has some camping but it looks extremely primitive. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to take a chance and wipe my butt with poison ivy. :eek:

Wranglers Campground has the most accommodations and it’s fairly close to trail head for us.

WRANGLERS Campground

OPEN YEAR-ROUND

Basic $12.00
Electric $16.00
Water $20.00
Sewer $24.00

*CAMPING SHELTERS:
Sleeps 4: $32.00
Sleeps 8: $52.00
*Additional reservation fee required.

Jimmy,
I'm not too hard to please so where ever you want to make the base camp is fine with me. I also want to let people know that this is open to all rigs, not just fully built trail monsters. We wheel every thing from stock to full compition buggys, 40's, mini trucks, and 80's. The groups are split in to groups so we can ALL wheel and enjoy the day. I thought I would make it clear so people are not intimedated to come join the fun.

Okay, Wrangler’s Campground does not take reservations so it’s first come fist serve. I will be on vacations the week of our outing so once I arrive on Friday (or Thursday night) I will try to save as many sites as I can. Attached is a map of Wrangler’s which details the type of sites. The first attachment is a screen print of my atlas program. You’ll see three notes on the map, Wranglers, Turkey Bay Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) park and Kenlake resort. Kenlake resort is the area where some of the bluegrasser’s will be staying.
LBL.JPG
WC at LBL.jpg

As far as something being planned, no. But some one may get a wild hair and get something going at the last moment later this year.

Go to our web site http://www.hoosiercruiser.org/ to see our planned events, but we do hope to add unofficial runs here and there to the list.

You can also check the Bluegrass Cruisiers site on here because they may make the trip to LBL sometime this year.

Keep an eye on this site and if you see somrthing planned you want to join in on you are more than welcome.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom