Hoods vs. air cleaners with 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A new-to-me 1972 FJ55 has a 2F with header and holley carb. I wish to go back to stock manifolds and air cleaner. I have the "flat" hood. Can I use 2F manifolds and oblong air cleaner with flat hood? Is there any combination that retains flat hood (like 1F manifolds) or does 2F dictate "bulge" hood? (That's my guess as to why the hood change occurred?

Thanks,

Gerry

So then does anyone know if 1F manifolds and air cleaner (big round tub) off to the side would fit under the flat hood?

"55" project took major turn in last year of work. Pictures and description to follow shortly via proper introduction. Thank for help!

Crap- not much sleep last night. May have been dumb question. Have to rethink if tub air cleaner can even go on 2F.

What do you mean Tub! Round 1 mounted toward front and side of engine?
20161026_151915.jpg

Thanks for the photos. That's the air cleaner I meant. Bob, it looks like your vehicle has bulged hood correct. Liljohn, your hood must be flat on a 72 correct?

Vehicle I purchased has 2F motor, intake, and holley carb with headers. I do have a separate 1F manifold set and the round style air cleaner. I just don't know if 1) there was anything on that side of the 2F that is not on the 1F and would interfere and 2) if they would go under the flat hood.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
The Holley is on the vehicle as purchased through some kind of adapter, 2F intake, and headers. I'm trying to eliminate neaders and Holley and go back to stock manifolds while retaining the flat hood (if I can) and 2F. I have 1F manifolds and carb but they are in storage and haven't yet been located. In meantine, I'm trying to figure out if I will need 2F manifolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom