Hood transplant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes as far as I can tell, they're practically the same vehicle.

anyone have dimensions? No offense but I’m not sure I want to go with “as far as I can tell”; it’d be a pretty expensive assumption 😬. Thank you for your reply though!

I only have experience with the lj78 and lj77 and I can say that they share close to 95% of their parts, body panels are all the same on them. Only on that can I draw the comparison on the kzj79. Apologies I don't have any examples close at hand.

I only have experience with the lj78 and lj77 and I can say that they share close to 95% of their parts, body panels are all the same on them. Only on that can I draw the comparison on the kzj79. Apologies I don't have any examples close at hand.
You still took the time to review and answer my query. Thank you for that!

Haha, no problem. Just board at 4am.

Would a scooped KZJ79 hood fit a Prado KZJ78? Thank you in advance.

Easiest way to figure this out is to look at key distinguishing figures in the parts catalog.

Assumption 1: The hood itself will be dimensionally they same.

Assumption 2: the hood part numbers will be different: one to denote the hood with scoop and one without.

Based on those working assumptions it’s pretty easy to go into the parts catalog and do the following:

1. Confirm #2
2. Confirm hood hinges are the same part number.
3. Confirm the weatherstrip at the front of the hood are the same between the two.
4. Confirm the weatherstrip at the back of the hood and on the cowl is the same between the two.
5. Confirm hood insulator part numbers are different between the two— if so equipped.

If these pan out, then you can be pretty damn sure the hoods will interchange.

Would a scooped KZJ79 hood fit a Prado KZJ78? Thank you in advance.

Any pictures of the light duty hood with oem scoop ? I have never seen one

Easiest way to figure this out is to look at key distinguishing figures in the parts catalog.

Assumption 1: The hood itself will be dimensionally they same.

Assumption 2: the hood part numbers will be different: one to denote the hood with scoop and one without.

Based on those working assumptions it’s pretty easy to go into the parts catalog and do the following:

1. Confirm #2
2. Confirm hood hinges are the same part number.
3. Confirm the weatherstrip at the front of the hood are the same between the two.
4. Confirm the weatherstrip at the back of the hood and on the cowl is the same between the two.
5. Confirm hood insulator part numbers are different between the two— if so equipped.

If these pan out, then you can be pretty damn sure the hoods will interchange.
Oh, just thought someone might know off-hand. You know, to save me the assumptions. Thanks though, Sir Onur. I’’ll start the research...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom