Hood painted.. and now there are accelerating issues + check engine light.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my hood painted and picked it up after hours today. It has a check engine light On now. Also, when entering second gear it will accelerate for a moment like normal, then it drops down in rpm and will not accelerate properly with the peddle to the floor.
I will be asking my body shop guy to replace whatever is broken.
Any suggestions on what this could be? Spark plug? Wires? Sensor?

Seems like the hood off was related to a spark plug issue from being exposed to elements I guess. Not sure how it happened but that is the diagnosis. Freaked me out as it felt like transmission but I knew it couldn’t have been that as it had just been sitting with the hood off for a day.

Nobody knows this. Hood painting and engine problems are not related unless somebody did something stupid.
Wasn’t saying that it was because the hood was painted directly, just that the hood had been off. Do you know what could have caused acceleration issues? Someone may know that.

Code says I’m misfiring in cylinder 6. Guess that will be a spark plug or plug wire.

Did they hose off the engine? They could have filled the spark plug tubes with water as well as other connections causing misfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom