• PLEASE READ >>> Accounts Security Locked

The link above goes to a thread in the Announcements - Help - Testing section of the forum....you are welcome to follow normal menu structure and find it there. ~woody

hood lock

if this has been covered before, let me know.
is there a easy way (or a hard way) to make a 71 fj40 hood a locking one. any parts could buy, say off an older model that would retrofit?

kc_chevota

SILVER Star
i had a remote locking device it consisted of a cable to a pin that went through a u shaped plate that locked a l shaped plate which was attched to the hood. cant rember where i baught it maybe jc whittney. worked well just pulled a knob in the dash to unlock. hope this helps good luck

I know they make a key lock for the Heep hoods, I have one. might try looking into retrofiting one of those.

the jeep one looks alright, wonder if theres any way to put a door lock in the key lock one and get it keyed the same as ignition?
thought about the padlock route, but could see being on the mountain with a problem and the key back at home :ugh:

Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
One of my friends just put a eye bolt on the middle of the hood, on the front, facing down, and another eye bolt, slightly offset on the front bib facing up, so that he could run a standard lock between them, locking the hood to the front bib.  Not pretty, but effective.

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom