Hood/Hatch 2m Ham Radio Antenna Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a specific example (make/model) of a mount that works on an FJ60 to mount an antenna either up on the hood or back on the rear hatch somehow. I don't really want a mag mount (since those raised sections of the roof make it hard to get one to stick well) and I don't want to drill a hole in my roof.

Post a link if you can! :beer:

I use a mount very similar to this.

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD here's more

Product Details
RADIOS >> MOBILE ANTENNA MOUNTS >> TRUNK LIP MOUNTS Printable item profile

SKU: ZCM-CP-5NMO

In Stock
COMET ANTENNAS CP-5NMO

$69.95 Your Price

Additional Information:
Accessory List
Brochure
Instruction Manual
Manufacturer's Website
Product Reviews
Product Drivers
Photo Gallery

Product Description
Comet Universal Mount that will hold virtually all NMO mobile antennas. Includes 16ft 6in of coax plus 18in of mini RG-188.
image-463600798.jpg

Thanks, I'm hoping to stay under $100 for mount and antenna.

Where do you mount this one?

Rear Hatch mount here

FJ62Dualbandlipmount.jpg

This has been working for me the past few years. I usually just run a little Comet SBB1 whip antenna. It works great.

Sawmill2010017.jpg

You can get a mount, similar to this, and an antenna, from MFJ Enterprises for under under$100. Mine is mounted on the drivers side rear hatch. The antenna length (single or dual band etc) may determine how high to place the mount.

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I'm gonna try out the Gamiviti first...he's one of the fellows on the Rising Sun Colorado Club forums...now I need to figure out what antenna I want...

If you go with a hood mount, I'd recommend mounting it on the opposite side as the am/fm radio antenna to avoid the antenna from hitting each other while driving/wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom