1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hood Alignment Problems

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by kjmeyer, Mar 28, 2004.

1. kjmeyer

kjmeyer

The hood on my 71 40 is off about 1 inch towards the drivers side. Can someone please tell me how to straighten this.

2. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    When re assembling mine, I fought it all the way. Finally I put everything on it bolted up loosely. In order to get everything to line up, I used a bottle jack braced against the frame horn and pushed against the bib mount until everything lined up, then tightened everything.
    Worked and held.
    Everything was so screwed up that I took it to a frame shop TWICE, they told me not to come back a third time. The frame was fine, just needed to be tweaked.
    There is a very slight amount of adjusting on my hood hinges, but basically I just moved the body over.
    Ed :)

3. kjmeyer

kjmeyer

I was hoping for an easy fix. Thanks.

4. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    It's not that difficult. Loosen the four bolts on the frame that support the fenders(each side). Loosen the center bib mount, jack it over antil it lines up and retighten.
    You can also loosen the six bolts that mount the hood hinges to the cowl and try to push it to the pass side then retighten.
    Might need a buddy to push while you futz with it.
    GL
    Ed