Homemade! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I want alot more than my wallet can handle....so the idea of making some of these toys myself popped into my head

I want to make:
A roof rack w/ladder
a gas can holder
extended shackels
assorted toolboxes
the list goes on and on...

So I would like to see some of the homemade carzyness from the guys in here or at least hear about it, of course pics are the best but anything will be welcome...I'm looking forward to some different ideas

Thanks
Brandon

Brandon, Here's a picture of the jerry can holder I built! It's 3/4 square tubing, a piece of sheet metal where the liscense lamp and plate are mounted, the entire rack is hinged on early tire swing out hinges, and 2 piece latch assy. , the side that faces the truck is the side that opens, has a latch, and bars that won't let them be stolen. I hope the pictures make sense to you, Earl
12140002.JPG
01210001.JPG
01210005.JPG

Now this is the stuff I'm talking about keep them coming, and yes Earl the pics are perfect did you make that roof rack?

Thanks again
Brandon

Brandon, I think the roof rack is a Con-Fer item, but I'm not sure. Earl

Roof rack: 3/4" EMT (7/8 OD). Cheap, easy to weld, and strong enough to carry two spares, 80lbs of water, 100lbs of petrol, 100lbs of gear, two sheets of plywood, and a canoe. :D Confer mounts.
48tu.jpg

Imageshack

Sweet ridgerunner do you have any better pics of it?

Macgyver5 said:
Sweet ridgerunner do you have any better pics of it?

No, not really. Here's an overall (with a hi-lift, jack, and a bag on trash on it). If I was to do it again, I'd weld in some more perpendicular braces that would run the length of the vehicle (someday I will.)

rack7bp.jpg

Imageshack

So this can't be it...I mean don't get me wrong these are awesome it's just hard to belive that with all of the crazy wheelers and rock crawlerz on this forum that this is the end of the road for good ole back home invention....there has to be more....and to the guys who have already posted I thank you the examples that you've givin are exactally the type of things I was looking for...I truly appreciate the craftmanship displayed!

Macgyver5 said:
So this can't be it...

OK, here's mine. Its not the kind of picture that shows the rack construction details but it does give you the general idea of what I did:

Right Rear rack holds Action Packer, 1 or 2 Jerry Cans, or 1 Jerry and 1 Water and swings out. I have several way to configure this swing out rack making it "configurable" for the trip I'm taking.

Left Rear is stock Cruiser and holds tire. Also have add-ons for this side to hold another Jerry can behind tire as well as a small BBQ.

At tub level, there is a platform for cooler and camping gear... Below this deck is spare parts, tools, and other heavier gear.

No roof rack for me. Too heavy.

Disadvantage is I have no rear seat with the platform design. Usually, this is not a problem for me.
mike40.jpg

But, if I have to take along more crap.....I just hitch up one of these things:

Last edited:
Did you build that yourself Mike?? That's a cool trailer!!! Please, more info on the trailer!!

Jody.

Outback said:
Did you build that yourself Mike??

Yep. And the one in the background.

Outback said:
Please, more info on the trailer!!

OK, can provide but should probably start a new thread or send me a PM with what you want to know so as not to hijack this one... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom