Homemade SSTs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Just saw an awesome post from @Steamer about an SST he made for installing freeze plugs, and I thought it would be an awesome asset to the forum if there was a thread dedicated to...homemade SSTs. :idea:

And if you think this thread was/is a good idea, you are welcome to hit the ‘like’ button.😊

Last edited:
Steering wheel puller … aka door strap piller mount :)

Works great

photo 1 (3).JPG

This one was gifted to me by an old friend who was also a mechanic (retired now). As soon as he handed it to me I laughed, knowing EXACTLY what he had made the tool to do. Form follows function.
BA4AE2FE-995A-4CA3-B4B1-B0389C2D044A.jpeg

Just saw an awesome post from @Steamer about an SST he made for installing freeze plugs, and I thought it would be an awesome asset to the forum if there was a thread dedicated to...homemade SSTs. :idea:

And if you think this thread was/is a good idea, you are welcome to hit the ‘like’ button.😊
@Steamer also has a real nifty tool built for valve spring compression in order to remove the keepers.

@Steamer also has a real nifty tool built for valve spring compression in order to remove the keepers.
Funny you mentioned that one. I need it like right now and after searching, I realized (last night) that I must have cut it up when in need of some channel for another project. Started today making a new & hopefully improved model. Almost done. Pics to come. This thread is a good idea.

Nothing very special, but I made my own 3F crankshaft immobilizer tool when changing out the front main seal on the FJ80 I used to have:

tool full length.jpg

new tool.jpg

tool in action 2.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

It might work on 2F or F engines also?; haven't tried it on those yet.

Nothing very special, but I made my own 3F crankshaft immobilizer tool when changing out the front main seal on the FJ80 I used to have:

View attachment 3195010

View attachment 3195011

It might work on 2F or F engines also?; haven't tried it on those yet.
Made one just like that at a buddy’s house so we could pull the HB on his Taco for a timing belt service (I think)

Well, here’s the spring compressor. I had to swap springs. The tool worked good, and it got them swapped pretty quickly. I’ve got some mods mind to make it even better, but that’ll happen when I need it again.

SpringComp.jpg

I have modified some of the specialty HVAC tools I have. Use a combination of different hubs/fan blade pullers was able to pull the front counter shaft bearing from a H42.

Here’s a few of mine. Four guesses. One will get used again, possibly a second one, not sure about the other two, kind of hoping not 😂.
IMG_4272.JPG

(ok, not too cheesy, in order of being used again - or not 😆: drum brake adjusting tool, oil pump spinner tool for hand drill, tranny mounting aid stud - I have two iirc, head bolt hole chaser)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom