Homemade snorkel with PICS. check it out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright i just got through with this homemade snorkel i made as all this ice here in Va. has kept me stuck inside and this is a result. I hope to put it on in the next week. I think it should work quite nice. i used an older louvered VW 4" air cleaner, 2 22 degree pvc fitting, 1 45 degree fitting and about 3-4 of 2'' PVC, and also the 2 " rubber piece on the top. Cost my about 15-20 bucks. Not bad at all. If this bad weather persists and i am stuck inside like this with no school keep your eyes open on ebay, i may start selling them :D

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=1;threadid=11137;start=msg100745#msg100745 date=1076124060]
and the last one.
[/quote]

Thank god... ;)

Yes it is a quicky PVC snorkel but i have a hard time justifiying paying over 200 for a safari snorkel and anyways those are weber friendly.

Man wish I had some crappy weather to work on mine. I like the VW accent. go dive a pond I am interested to hear how it works. By the way do you have a autocad of that design....might be interested in making my own :)

[quote author=Eternal link=board=1;threadid=11137;start=msg100865#msg100865 date=1076136446]
By the way do you have a autocad of that design....might be interested in making my own :)
[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

I'll have to agree with poser on that one. This is veryu simple and straight forward. i think a 15, 20 inch pieces of 2 inch pvc and some agnled joints. I built this b/c o the bad weather but thought up the whole thing in physics class. i was bored. what can i say

anybody have a good idea for putting a snorkel on a sbc?

2" pipe seems kind of small. The narrowest part of the throttle body on my 3FE is 69mm = 2.71" and all the intake tubing upstream of that is much larger. A Safari snorkel is about 3" or 3.5". I think I would have used 3" or 3.5" pipe....

[quote author=yooper link=board=1;threadid=11137;start=msg101409#msg101409 date=1076260045]
2" pipe seems kind of small. The narrowest part of the throttle body on my 3FE is 69mm = 2.71" and all the intake tubing upstream of that is much larger. A Safari snorkel is about 3" or 3.5". I think I would have used 3" or 3.5" pipe....
[/quote]
Very good point....also remember that the longer the intake, the more friction you'll need to overcome...even if the TB is 69mm you'll need to increase the snorkel diameter by much more (I'm sure there are smarter fellas than I who could calculate the necessary aperture...I have a degree in Conservation Law Enforcement, not physics LOL!!!)

RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom