Homemade Hi-Lift Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is VERSION 1. I plan on road testing it for vibration and rattles for a week or so then cleaning up the design a bit. Bottom is two pieces of 4"X7" 1/8 sandwitched together. Drilled out 3 .5" holes where I welded in studs to catch 3 of the 4 holes at base of jack. 4th hole left smaller for lock. To brace the top, I had some scrap 1" square and ran it across with a bolt catch. It is kind of :hillbilly: for now but hope to improve the looks if not the design later.
100_0696.jpg
100_0697.jpg
100_0698.jpg

Nice. I like it.

I did something like that on my front bumper (lying down of course). I went to an auto parts store and bought some fasteners with which to hold it on that are the same size as the lug nuts. That way, I just grab the lug wrench to get the jack off the bracket.

NICE CLEAN BASIC ....I LIKE IT :grinpimp:

your jack is gonna get dirty back there. :D

put a gussett on the upper arm.

x2 on the gusset, though the arm shouldn't have any up-down movement, just fore-aft and left-right, so the gusset might not be necessary. I'm no engineer.

also, I'd cap the end of the tube to keep rust out and make it look cleaner.

and probably weld the bolt(s) and use wing nuts to secure the jack (since you have a lock)
or at least capture the nut and use a bolt to hold it together (wing bolt?)
but I just don't like using tools to get to my tools.

I like the centered spare tire. Looks really good, and the hilift tucks away cleanly.

Yes all the caps and such will be cleaned up with some intergrated reinforcements (gussets). I tucked it behind the tire so the tire acts like a huge bump stop. On one of the pics you can see that it is tucked in very snug with the tire. Took it out today on some pature land and nothing worked loose or rattled. I am also gonna start work on my can mount for the other side of the tire tomorrow.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions:beer:.

Like it!!!:D

nice bro simple and clean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom