Homelink not working? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
128keaton.com
Hi. I finally got a place with a garage door and I'd love to program my LX470 to open the door, but my Homelink does not appear to work...
No LED response when pressing the buttons (i.e. to clear the saved garages)

I know this came with Lexus Link at some point, but it was removed before I got it. I disassembled the whole top unit, but I could not find anything amiss with the connectors. I am assuming the fuse is tied into the Dome lights fuse as well?

Anyone have any guesses as to what might be up?

Sometime around 2011 or so garage door openers switched to a newer version of Homelink that is incompatible with older versions. There are compatibility bridge modules available for $25-40 that would allow your older Homelink to work with your newer garage door opener.

Sometime around 2011 or so garage door openers switched to a newer version of Homelink that is incompatible with older versions. There are compatibility bridge modules available for $25-40 that would allow your older Homelink to work with your newer garage door opener.

I have no doubt I’ll do that when I get the chance however I can’t get my Home link console to work. No LED response even clearing codes

I had the same issue on a '01 lexus GS300. There was no power going to the homelink unit in the overhead console - I checked all the fuses but couldn't isolate the cause. I just found another always hot wire in the overhead console, and wired the homelink power wire to it - works fine with both older and newer garage doors. The homelink unit is self contained, all it needs is 12 volt power and ground to operate.

I had the same issue on a '01 lexus GS300. There was no power going to the homelink unit in the overhead console - I checked all the fuses but couldn't isolate the cause. I just found another always hot wire in the overhead console, and wired the homelink power wire to it - works fine with both older and newer garage doors. The homelink unit is self contained, all it needs is 12 volt power and ground to operate.
The Homelink in the early 100s is Homelink V3, and will not work with V4 openers without a bridge. <$30 on Amazon. Not saying this as a solution to original post, just for reference.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I do have 12v coming on on the hot line, but this time on disassembly, I took note of the PCB and ran thru it with my multi meter. I think I'm missing a key component, potentially the actual Homelink box or module that takes the programming and transmits the signal.
There is no other harness in the headliner that I could find for the pink (assuming lexus link, labeled Mayday) or the orange (all the lines from the Homelink buttons are connected to this connector--labeled CDO-AMP)

Does someone mind disassembling their upper console and comparing? Thanks!

@128keaton Looks like you’re missing the actual Homelink box. Everything else is gravy, but your main box is missing. I just happen to have a complete console laying around. The metal wire is the antenna that couples with the white-labeled Homelink box.

View attachment 1902832
Stupid Lexus of Memphis..thats just amazing. I guess they never put the box back in place when replacing Lexus Link. Super frustrating.

How much are you looking to get for your console (or hell, even just the Homelink box + wire)?

Well I got this one to retrofit into my LC so I have plans for it. Any chance in getting the dealer to make it right?
Oh gotcha. My bad.

Yeah I'll call, but I doubt it since
a) no proof it was them
b) I did not have the service performed personally
c) I have obviously been in there since
d) I have no idea when it was done.

Last edited:
It’s worth a try. The used box has little value to the dealer and may still be sitting in a parts bin somewhere. If they feel like they can help you out and potentially right a wrong, they may search around for it.
I'll definitely call in the morning, but I am not holding my breath since it looks like it was done in late 2007:

That’s some craziness there, but it looks like they serviced the power antenna not the Homelink.
In the maintenance record there are 4 references to a special service campaign. The Lexus Link campaign expired in Dec 31st of 2007. This is the only special service mentioned before that date. The antenna has its own service entry (covered by other text) at least that is how I read it

Called Lexus of Memphis. Wholly unhelpful, stating that "we don't remove the panel typically, just power to the Link module unless the owner requested it"

ebay it is then! I have a module on the way, coming Tuesday next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom