Home made alternative yellow bottle jack handle and extension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Prices are absolutely silly… My truck came with the original yellow bottle jack but the handle and extensions have been lost to time. Anybody have any good ideas for homemade alternatives?

Here she is in all her patinaed glory

050D14C6-32D3-4DB6-AD34-8FDCD719D582.jpeg

If you aren't keen on matching jack rods to your exact year, buy the extension and handle from Toyota....it's ever so slightly different and can be painted yellow if you choose. You need to buy all three if you go this route.

09114-60032 - jack rod extension
09115-35040 - jack rod extension with hook
09116-35041 - jack handle

A common scissor jack handle might do ya also.

If you aren't keen on matching jack rods to your exact year, buy the extension and handle from Toyota....it's ever so slightly different and can be painted yellow if you choose. You need to buy all three if you go this route.

09114-60032 - jack rod extension
09115-35040 - jack rod extension with hook
09116-35041 - jack handle

Have any idea how long the two extensions are? Years ago I bought a set here on Mud there were brown and much longer than all my yellow pieces. Not sure about early FJ60s but all the mid eighties rods were shorter with three rods. That includes FJ60, FJ62, FZJ80 and 100 series.

Here she is in all her patinaed glory

View attachment 3259824
Looks a lot like mine.
When I bought my 1970 FJ 40 in 1973 it had the jack and two extensions but no handle.
I had intentions of finding a handle but never needed the use the jack for several years so never got around to getting one.
When I did finally need the jack I didn't have a handle so stuck one of the rods in the hitch receiver and bent it to a kind of speed wrench shape and it worked fine.
That was close to 40 years ago and I don't think I have used the jack a half dozen times.
I really should get it out and make sure it isn't rusted solid.

Have any idea how long the two extensions are?

I went this route since I wasn’t concerned about period correctness, and didn’t want to be stranded because of a tire. Measurements for the two rods in the photo below. The hook is longer but still fits between the side marker light and fuel stuff.

1259BA12-7CAE-4E18-98B2-3D6BF50DBB41.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom