1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Loan Question

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by DenverCruiser, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

Wife and I just moved to Atlanta. Found a house we like. We have cash for 20%. She is still working for former employer. I just accepted a job but won't start untill next month. Could we get a loan before I get a paycheck? If yes, would it be just as good %?

:cheers:

2. sepr2

sepr2

I believe it depends on your and wife's history as well as credit ranking. How long has she been employed, salary, what is your work history, what do you owe to creditors. Most likely would need verification from your future employer of the agreement and agreed on pay. The 20% down would be a good thing. Just my opinion. What part of Atlanta are you looking at. I'm in Duluth...Brian

3. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Go get pre-approved...it doesn't hurt one bit...

If you have 20% down you are ahead of about 75% of the homebuyers out there anyway.

4. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

This house is in the South East part of Woodstock.

5. Haddock

Haddock

You can use the new employment if you are starting with them in less than 90 days. Just have your Loan Officer get a letter from the new employer stating your income, possition, and start date.

Hope this helps. :) I've been a loan officer in Socal and Utah for nine years.

6. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

Sure does, thank you!

I got up early today and drove up there to see what my commute to the office would look like. NOT GOOD!

This Atlanta traffic is all that everyone DID say it was cracked up to be.:doh:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">