home for wayward adults

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Texican, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    There needs to be a home for wayward adults. Some place we can send our friends or even people we know who need help. Not typical help in the check-up from the neck-up kind of help, but aid doled out in the old fashioned parental way. There are adults out there who still need to be raised and for some reason their parents didn't do a very good job. People who have road rage, throw fits in public, and generally act like children in big kids clothes. You've seen them, you know them, yet you put up with them. If my parents could see them they would not put up with it.
    My parents would say things like, you're acting like a girl, so I think we'll just trade in your clothes for some dresses and let you walk down main street. Scared me half to death. We'll get you some dolls if you're going to act like a girl. Those of course were quick responses to fits I would throw and there was no danger that I wanted to wear dresses or play with dolls, and in fact if any of you want to do those things you can stay on your own side of the playground with your own slide and swing and swingers and get the hell off my web site, you've been raised wrong. I really don't have any serious biases but I sure as hell don't want to wear any damned dresses.
    It amazes me though people are out there who think they can roll around on the ground and kick their legs and get their way. My parents would kick my ass if they saw me acting like that, and so should yours. My folks didn't spank me, instead they talked to me, asked me why I did what I did, where it landed me, if I planned on doing it again, those kind of things. I hated it. I had to explain my actions. Yea, I threw a beer bottle at Mrs. Johnson's mailbox and it hit her car, I didn't mean any harm, but now I have to pay for it. Crap. Responsibility for your actions and fits. I think we need to start a school for wayward adults. Not a jail or a mental institute but a home for the further education or adults. I have at least four candidates ready right now. Get off the alcohol, get off the pills, grow up and quit kicking you feet on the floor or I'll send my parents right over there to talk to you. You're an adult for Pete's sake, you need a spanking.

2. OZCAL

OZCAL

They open periodically - they're called recessions and wars. Obviously not all are enrolled, and not all enrolled graduate (alive). We Americans as a whole haven't seen it rough enough to learn the value of the attitudes you describe.

I may be hopelessly off the mark here, but that's how I explain the value gap between my and older generations.

David

3. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Well it's not my words, you guys post up comments and then I'll show you where it's from, although I posted it cause I find a lot of truth in it.....

4. chuglife

chuglife

oh... so you don't not want to wear dresses?

:D

5. OZCAL

OZCAL

George Carlin? He's got my vote.

6. osagecruiser

osagecruiser

i agree with texican...take for example the father that left his child in a car all day...didnt realize the child did not get dropped off at daycare?!!..animals care for their children better than some adult humans.... oh hell take a pill it will be alright.......i say grow up take responsibility for your actions. :mad:

7. mabrodis

mabrodis

Oh, oh, oh, can I play?

Adults who never want to do anything or go anywhere with a group or family, but then later, sometimes only minutes later, they are bitching about how they have no friends and never get to do anything, and when reminded they just blewoff a few great opportunities to act like a friend to someone or do something, they say it wasn't something they wanted to do. Then when you say, well maybe you would have to do something you *gasp* don't want to do, to show you are a friend to someone before they will befriend you, they respond with a sarcastic "whatever". :mad: Then when you say "what do you mean, whatever?", they start yelling for you to stop harassing them... :mad: :mad: :mad: WTF happened to NORMAL FREAKING PEOPLE??? People that would tell you how they felt, and could realize the difference between right and wrong and believed in helping someone ELSE FIRST, before expecting any help in return, and possibly helping someone ELSE many times and NEVER GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN! :mad:

I like threads like these, I get fired up and more pissed as I type...

8. osagecruiser

osagecruiser

whats in it for me...me...me...me...i get sick and tired of that whole attitude..and yes this thread angers me as i type and think...where is society headed?...no please do not answer that...i am afraid of the answer..not for me but for my children :eek:

9. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

well... if some a****** came and pointed a gun at your family, would you cap him? probably.

someone risks my families life by their stupidity (applying makeup, talking on the phone and randomly jumping across 3 lanes) and i vent it to them instead of just bitin my lip, it's being childish? cars kill people just as dead as bullets

10. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Matt Martindale might have said it .... or maybe Jimmie Vaughan ;)

TY

PS : You just catch him at Bourbon St ?

11. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Agreed. Most people just don't know how to act in public. In my experience, it's been with people who really ought to know better.

You be surprised how a "Shame on you!" directed at an older adult by someone who's their son's age will get a person to wake up and realize what an ass they're being.

12. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    OK, Do you know who Matt is, or did you do a superb search job to find it?

:confused:

13. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
  14. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I embraced Google as my friend long ago. I don't know Matt, but that isn't to say I'm not richer after reading up on him ..

Peace Butch,

TY

PS: Enjoy the show.. :cheers:

15. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:

16. FLFJ40

FLFJ40

The talking thing must be a texas thing. My mom was born and raised Texan. There were times growing up I wished she would beat me just so I didn't have to here her lecture me for hours on responsibility and accountability. Now that I am raising my own I wish she was around to ask questions :(

17. flintknapper

flintknapper

Got the same parents.

Glad my parents were diligent. But hey, with five children you're pretty much on edge anyway. We were definitely taught manners and how to act in public. More importantly... we were taught how NOT TO act in public.
    We were all raised with very traditional (conservative) values.

Add to that: I went to Catholic schools, and........................

Well, I'm almost 51 yrs. old and I'm STILL scared of nuns!

18. Fireman

Fireman SILVER Star

19. mabrodis

mabrodis

When really it was the priests you should be scared of.. :D

I am shocked nearly everyday by what I see kids do. Not things that the kids think up for themselves, but things their parents said were ok to do, or an ok way to act. My son impressed me all the time, by realizing little things like why we don't litter, because it looks messy and if it was our land we wouldn't want people to throw trash on it, so we do not throw trash on any land...things like that, I'm amazing how much my son (4) can grasp about that, things that he knows we could get away with, things we wouldn't get caught by anyone or anything, but we KNOW it's not what you do, so we don't do it...I'm rather proud of him... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.