1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home design software?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by firetruck41, Aug 21, 2006.

1. firetruck41

firetruck41

Looking for good home design software. I want something "user friendly" with plenty of options. I want to be able to use contours from my county GIS so I can expirement with grading, be able to design the inside and outside. Something that I could use to help in estimating materials would be great. I am not looking to build directly from a program though the option would be cool. I am looking for something where I can try some different ideas and finalize my thoughts, before I go to an architect or home deisgner. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I'm a cheap bastid.

2. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

You might take a look at one of these packages. I modeled my (existing) house with the intent of prototyping some landscaping in the future (Landscape Pro). Their software was reasonably easy to use, but it was time consuming to draw it all out. I wish I had bought one of the higher end programs.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">