Holy PHH! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought this FZJ about a month ago having previously owned a 60. My first official repair was the BLOODY PHH. Could Toyota have made it any more difficult to get to that thing???

The worst part is that I will be pulling the motor in the next 6 months anyway:mad:

Thanks to Gumby for a few helpful tips. :beer:

Just bought this FZJ about a month ago having previously owned a 60. My first official repair was the BLOODY PHH. Could Toyota have made it any more difficult to get to that thing???

Welcome to the PHH replacement club. Please allow 4-8 days for your arms to heal.

The worst part is that I will be pulling the motor in the next 6 months anyway:mad:

Why??? Doing a swap?

I had a PHH scare.
Saw a leak when checkin my ORIGNAL PHH with 287,000 mi on it. Thought I was going to have to change it but it was just a loose clamp from the upper hose and the red coolant was dripping down the hose/line.

I had a PHH scare.
Saw a leak when checkin my ORIGNAL PHH with 287,000 mi on it. Thought I was going to have to change it but it was just a loose clamp from the upper hose and the red coolant was dripping down the hose/line.

Now THAT is skating thin ice on the bleeding edge of reason.

I'd like to see a picture of that magical 287K PHH. It must have been made of different stuff from the two I changed at 120K and 115K respectively. Both of those had started to weep and could be torn by hand. Either you got the special made from Kryptonite impregnated Burmese silk lined fexisteel cased hose, or you're -so far- the luckiest guy on here.

Snap a picture of that please. I'd really like to see if there is any visible difference from the other ones (mine included) that have been pictured here.

Wow...

my friend showed me the old phh off his- (100k mile-ish) and it looked great. It is smart to replace but the orig. was in good shape.

I have to replace mine as well but I'm not stressing over it

Welcome to the PHH replacement club. Please allow 4-8 days for your arms to heal.

Holy crap that's funny--and true.

I had a PHH scare.

That's awesome but if it pops out on the freeway you're a hurtin' unit!

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/PHH.html

I have a replacment hose ready and waiting in the pass side door cubby compartment... but I don't carry tools or water:confused: :rolleyes: :crybaby:

Here's mine what it look like.. at least i did good job removed it and still in one piece :D
LX450_PHH 002.jpg
smoke9wc.gif

Haven't purchased the diesel yet, but probably will within the next 3 months.

I totally destroyed my old PHH while removing it---only after I got good and pissed off.

Cruzer_89;

The PHH (Pesky Heater Hose), is a hose about 2-3 inches long that connects to the block [lower, rear, left hand side]; it connects the hot water output to the valve assembly above for the heater etc. It is really hard to get at. If this hose blows out, u loose coolant all over the ground and maybe an engine. Real dumb engineering from Toyota.

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/PHH.html

Depends on which diesel motor I finally select. If I go Chevy 6.5, I can get those almost anywhere. If I go Isuzu, those are relatively plentiful as well. If I go Toyota, I will either go with G and S or Japan 4x4, whoever gets the motor first.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom