Holy Cross (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any thoughts on when to do the annual HC camp out this year? Last year it was the September 17th weekend.

August 23 to September 23 is archery season so I am booked for those dates. Mid September is a great time to be in the mountains so if don't change the dates on my account.

A very strong chance that the last week of September we will have some good friends from down under visiting. October is very sketch for me as I drew a trophy buck tag and I have a large seminar the first week that I must go to....

I've been craving a Holy Cross run for a while now, so I am in for whenever. Mark, where did that date come from? Whenever we go I should have a free seat, but when it comes to my rig, you always have the risk of having to walk home. haha. :D

I thought you were selling everything? You taking the jeep?

Luke, i just picked a weekend that worked for me ;) Holy cross is on my list of need to do's even if im a passenger.

If i were to venture a guess Luke is selling the 4runner and 40 and building the jeep...

If i were to venture a guess Luke is selling the 4runner and 40 and building the jeep...

I'm posting everything and wheeling the last man standing. Unfortunately, I know the black rig will be the one left.... It's become my curse. I am trying to get down to one good, reliable rig. I'm thinking some sort of Jeep JK variant, or a 3/4 ton pickup with a bobbed bed.

Mark, you're more than welcome to ride in whatever rig I have left :D

I'd really like to get se solid dates going for this. Kevin, is this a rising sun annual event? The only time I have been to holy cross I tagged along with RS, really enjoyed myself. If there is a tentative date set, let's roll with it.

Actually its the other way around Luke! 3 years ago rs joined clc at HC and it started a fun trend.

Ahhh, I was at the 2010 run, but not the 2011. Well, how does the 22nd sound? As of now, I have no September plans. Chuck, I would like to see you in on this. If you fill your tags early can you make it? What about the 29th? We can paste this link to the RS site and see if we can drum up some interest also. I'm excited for this, I can already feel the weather and leaves changing...

I can tell some key RS'ers the info. This has become one of my favorite runs but I will probably have to skip it this year as we just got confirmation that friends of ours from OZ will get here on the 18th and stay with us for a bit over a week. I'd take them up with me but it's not their thing.

Ahhh, I was at the 2010 run, but not the 2011. Well, how does the 22nd sound? As of now, I have no September plans. Chuck, I would like to see you in on this. If you fill your tags early can you make it? What about the 29th? We can paste this link to the RS site and see if we can drum up some interest also. I'm excited for this, I can already feel the weather and leaves changing...

Hi guys, UB mentioned to me this upcoming run to HC. I am the event coordinator for RS and yes please post up a thread in the 4wheeling and events staging area on the Rising Sun site to gauge interest. This is a CLC run and we will follow along to the schedule you all put together. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.....at this point I would be 50/50 on attending and wont know if I can make it until we get closer.

Thanks.

Steve

To keep this tread active so folks can get some dates nailed down and make it I'll mention what we have done in the past. It has worked out previous years to get to the open meadow parking area on Homestake road Friday night after work. A pot luck usually happens with stuff pre-planned or pre-made. A late night (often around midnight) spirited night run happens on HC up to French Creek where there is a perfect turn around. I believe the return route on Homestake is still closed and under construction so that will not be an option. The next day others who couldn't/didn't come up the night before join in on the official running of HC in it's entirety including a couple folks who attempt and often succeed in doing the difficult Cleveland Lake section. Some folks spend Saturday night up there but most return home Friday after the run. This is a really awesome run CLC does and always seems to have some laugh-till-you-hurt occurance happening. I can't divulge any more details as what happens on CLC with RS Holy Cross run STAYS on the run! :-D

I guess the Holy Cross trip is canceled. There is a report on Rising Sun that the forest service will be closing the trail on September 15 "for an undetermined short period of time for heavy trail maintenance". I don't know if that means a weekend or a month, but I'm not going to drive all that way to stare at a closed gate. This report was pulled from the JK owners forum and Colorado 4x4, so I'll check into it there and see if I can find any info.

hmmm... so it seems to me the trail will not be "formally" closed.
Thanks for the link Kevin, I will keep a watch on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom