Holly Sniper target idle RPM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Set at 700 rpm for start up on fresh rebuilt and break in cam on 2F engine.Everything went well on that just think I need to set lower now, Whats everyone think I should lower target RPM's too now?

Don't know if this would matter but running Hydroboost brakes so no vacuum off Sniper and new vacuum advance distributor W/ Petronix and there Flame thrower coil from Redline.

I run my 1970 with F engine and sniper at 720. It will go lower but it seems to start and idle very well at 720 (which seems to be 680-770).
The 1979 I just finished with carb, ended up setting idle around 750 rpm as that’s where it seemed happiest.
I think it’d also depend on your bearing clearances and oil pressure. I usually run idle rpm on the higher side for oil flow.

I’ve had mine set at 650 on my F135. I’ll be honest, it seems kind of high to me. But, that could be because the exhaust is clapped out and I don’t have a top or doors.

FWIW: I have my idle speed setting at 690 RPM.....But I have my 'Idle Speed Curve Setting' starting at 1000 RPM (+/-) and then ramping down to 690 RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom