Hollister Mud, Feb 24 '07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This Chevy was twisted up, eh? It's hard to tell from this pic, but his front end has been narrowed and the fenders angle inward from the cowl.

Our cruiser watches this kinda stuff from the background.

We saw these folks on and off all day. :beer:

Boys and their Toys. We saw lots of Toys out there, and one chick in a jeep.
chevy24.jpg
toy18.jpg
toys29.jpg

Last edited:
Some trails were muddy, some not.

These trails are high and on the west side. The dry one is White Rock, not on the official map. The muddy one is Fremontia Road, a black diamond.

All are STIL.
trail30.jpg
whiteRock33.jpg
trail37.jpg

Last edited:
We tried to keep out of trouble, but this one connector we followed a guy down was sketchy. The ruts were bigger than my little tires and it was way too steep to back up.
trail57.jpg
cruiser58.jpg
cruiser60.jpg

Last edited:
Tribute to tires that fit under your fenders. This is after 4 hours of very muddy trails.

We flat towed it down there to save some gas $$. This is right before we hooked it back up to go home. It's only 40 miles. Wimp out? Maybe.
cruiser81.jpg

man my club ,4x4HIM went but ihad to work...looks like fun

It's funny, but I was going to hit you up in the "What would women drive..." thread the day before we went, then I didn't.

I can't go Sunday; girlie swim meet in the city.

The toughest thing we did all day wasn't a black diamond, but a green road. Try the hill in under the trees in this google link. I don't have my Hollister map to tell you the name. We made it up, barely, and coming down later we spun around; luckily towards the bank instead of over the edge. Sketchy, thick, slick mud.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...24,-121.404516&spn=0.003374,0.005617&t=k&om=1

If you want some techy, rocky uphill, I couldn't have made it up, the furthest west trail at White Rock. It's not on the official map, but you can see it here, off Fremontia on the far west side.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...37,-121.419911&spn=0.003374,0.005617&t=k&om=1

The 'dry' downhill pictures above are the inside, long sw-ne track. The outside track is much more technical. There was a minitruck getting winched up it when we went by.

there's only one trail in hollister that deserves the "black diamond" label; the tank trap. everything else is medium duty at best.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom