Holley Truck Advenger Carb. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've read lots and it gets good reports...but considering the proven success of the q-jet, why switch?

Rebuild kit = $25, machine work to rebush the baseplate is maybe $75....and another $25 for the HP Books on the rebuild/tweak process...

Curious as to why...if you were running the Edlebrock or a normal Holley, then no question....but.... ???

Woody,

to answer your question. I'm in the middle of a complete rebuild after a fire took out most everything from the dashboard forward. My current Q-jet is now a modern art piece of melted aluminum. So my choices are between the two. I don't have any big complaints about my old Q-jet but like what the Holley "claims" to be.

From what I understand, the Holley Truck Avenger works great on roads, and towing... (what Holley itself claims),... but offroad, it blows goats. (Just like Holleys do on F & 2F engines) Go with an Edelbrock Q-jet, and buy the offroad needle set ($15-20). Save the Suck Avenger for you onroad duelies.

off-road magazine did a writeup on em and they said that after some tweaking they just about stood up to the q-jet.in the woods.
that carb is like 400 bucks or something isnt it?i dont kniw but it cant be cheap.if you are dead set on it and looking for the go ahead from someone well GO RIGHT AHEAD AND DO IT,LET US KNOW HOW IT WORKS.

but really this is my suggestion.
pick n pull : get q jet
rebuild it with the off-road stuff
get the book and learn how to tweak it.
that will save you money and headaches.
there is also a tech article around about actually flirring a qjet around for steep hillclimbs,and i remember a time ago wanting to do that but i forgot where the article is.

just remember ,if you're wantin that truck avenger cause its new, pretty and polished thats not a reason.

"CHROME DONT GET YOU HOME!!!"

these people are telling you this from expirience so take that into consideration.not just opinion. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom