Holley Sniper With Powersurge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to answer my original question for any future searchers. Got the Sniper back from Holley, ( They wanted to send me a re-furb, but They agreed to fix my zero mileage one), and it started up first try. Installed a pressure gauge between the stock, mechanical fuel pump and the Powersurge. The mechanical fuel pump's return port is closed and the Powersurge overfill is routed back to the tank via the stock return line. Ran the engine at various engine speeds and the maximum pressure indicated was 3.5 psi. So...this application will not overpressure the mechanical pump diaphragm. I did not close off the return line to see if the pressure would build, as I decided that wasn't a likely scenario.

Last edited:
Wanted to answer my original question for any future searchers. Got the Sniper back from Holley, ( They wanted to send me a re-furb, but They agreed to fix my zero mileage one), and it started up first try. Installed a pressure gauge between the stock, mechanical fuel pump and the Powersurge. The mechanical fuel pump's return port is closed and the Powersurge overfill is routed back to the tank via the stock return line. Ran the engine at various engine speeds and the maximum pressure indicated was 3.5 psi. So...this application will not overpressure the mechanical pump diaphragm. I did not close off the return line to see if the pressure would build, as I decided that wasn't a likely scenario.
Thanks for the update. That pressure shouldn't stress the mechanical pump. BTW in the time since this subject was started by the OP , I put a vacuum gauge on the input side fuel line of the mechanical pump to monitor the condition of the fuel filters that I use. That OEM pump sucks at 4-7 in hg with new filters.

SimS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom