Holley Sniper or Howell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@WeThePeople
I honestly know zero about the Howell. I do know I have spent too much time perusing this forum.
The sniper has momentum and a huge body of knowledge that is unparalleled with near instant feedback from members related to install.

I have a sniper. I love it. I had a single barrel toyota on my 69. It was great but I lost it in the rebuild. Went with a 32/36 Weber. It was great too. But the sniper on my 73 with 2f is night and day better. The questions you have to answer are:
Do you like your engine starting on first bump every time?
Do you like a smooth easily adjustable idle?
Do you enjoy better fuel economy?
Do you enjoy better throttle response?
Do you enjoy tge ability to control timing at idle, cruise and WOT?
Do you enjoy reliability?
Do you enjoy spending more money on your cruiser?
Why are boobs good?
How is a rainbow made?
How does a positrac on a plymouth work?

I have a sniper. I love it. I had a single barrel toyota on my 69. It was great but I lost it in the rebuild. Went with a 32/36 Weber. It was great too. But the sniper on my 73 with 2f is night and day better. The questions you have to answer are:
Do you like your engine starting on first bump every time?
Do you like a smooth easily adjustable idle?
Do you enjoy better fuel economy?
Do you enjoy better throttle response?
Do you enjoy tge ability to control timing at idle, cruise and WOT?
Do you enjoy reliability?
Do you enjoy spending more money on your cruiser?
Why are boobs good?
How is a rainbow made?
How does a positrac on a plymouth work?
Well, when you put it that way …. 😂

^^ I'll 2nd @Jdc1 comment above. ^^

@SSICKLE1 - I've run the Sniper since 1/2020 ..... did have an ECM issue in 10/2020, but Holley quickly replaced my unit free of charge. About 16,000 miles later, it has been flawless. Note, I drive my rig almost daily.

Re: the "kits" for $2400...those arent required unless you are going for the OEM look (bent hard fuel lines).
You can piece together your own "kit" of sorts for slightly less and you will have exactly which parts/peices you want.
The complete "kits" assume that your rig is 100% OEM. If the PO changed out things like fuel lines, carb, throttle cable...then the kits have parts you wont need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom