Holley Sniper & Howell Fuel Injection Kits - MUD Discount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...I'm also curious what distributors you guys are using for the Sniper 2300 kits?

I like the FJ60 distributor, preferably sent to Jim C for a refresh/ non-smog recurve.

Second favorite is the DUI brand distributor. We’ve had good luck with those. That’s the easy button if you don’t have a large cap FJ60 distributor to use. Pretty common on our 40/55 installs.

The air cleaner adapters are out of stock at the moment, but I will be making more in the next week or so. Also made some templates for these hardlines that mimic the factory lines that wrap around the valve cover. A few sets are in the wild for testing:
Awesome. Can you put me on the list for one? Would also be interested in those lines if you decide to make more.

I like the FJ60 distributor, preferably sent to Jim C for a refresh/ non-smog recurve.

Second favorite is the DUI brand distributor. We’ve had good luck with those. That’s the easy button if you don’t have a large cap FJ60 distributor to use. Pretty common on our 40/55 installs.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

The DUI is the best solution for any application other than a faithful restoration. It is literally set it once and forget it is even there.
Awesome, thank you! Sounds like this is the way to go.

Does anyone have some baseline Air Fuel ratio settings and other miscellaneous settings for a sniper on a F/2F ?

Does anyone have some baseline Air Fuel ratio settings and other miscellaneous settings for a sniper on a F/2F ?

The default settings seem to work pretty well, though the idle and cruise could be leaned closer to 14.

I usually play with WOT for maximum seat of pants power, which usually ends up in the 12.5-12.8 range. Lower than that resulted in black smoke and backfired when I let off from the unburnt fuel. Higher had less power.

does the sniper kit need modified? The Holly compatibility checker didn’t list the land cruiser as have a kit when I did the search.

Carbureted 3F? Does the carb have the same bolt pattern as a 2F?
I was looking both kits. I habe the 3f engine and has the same Pattern. But i dont Know if the ecu and inyection calibration will work for the 3f ?

I was looking both kits. I habe the 3f engine and has the same Pattern. But i dont Know if the ecu and inyection calibration will work for the 3f ?

The 3F & 2F do have different carb bolt patterns on the manifold. The Howell and the Sniper will both work with the 3F, though the Sniper will ultimately do a better job as it builds its own tune as it learns your motor.

Does anyone in the US have a 3F intake manifold I can borrow to make an adapter? Give me a shout!

:beer:

Last edited:
Hello Cam, I’ll be doing the sniper upgrade over the winter and plan on getting your deluxe kit. That said, what do you recommend I do in advance?

Currently, this is what I’ve done in the way of engine mods:

1. OTRAMM exhaust
2. desmog completed
3. Intake and exhaust manifolds redone and fresh gaskets installed.
4. valve adjustment completed.

Anything else I might be missing?

cheers, James

Hello Cam, I’ll be doing the sniper upgrade over the winter and plan on getting your deluxe kit. That said, what do you recommend I do in advance?

Currently, this is what I’ve done in the way of engine mods:

1. OTRAMM exhaust
2. desmog completed
3. Intake and exhaust manifolds redone and fresh gaskets installed.
4. valve adjustment completed.

Anything else I might be missing?

cheers, James

Sounds like you have it covered!

Hate ask but, I live in the peoples republic of boulder and curious how this system will work with all the 2f smog/emission gear? Or, has anyone installed this and passed the smog test in Colorado? Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, if you have any kind of visual inspection, you will not pass. The Sniper itself interferes with the air rail, and much of the vacuum operated bits would have to be figured out.

If you could just put a cat on and pass a sniffer, you probably wouldn't have any problems.

Update - due to the popularity of the Holley Sniper systems, we are adding it to our product line. You can purchase just the Sniper System, or a "kit" which we piece together that is more complete and with better components than the Master Kit from Holley. This includes an intake adapter, choice of inline or in-take fuel pump, fittings, hoses, throttle cable, and more. Save yourself the hours of research and time tracking down parts.

Use the code ‘MUD50’ for $50 off any Sniper kit.
hi would you supply the adapter for the howell efi kit which would allow the use of the stock air intake, separately??
TIA
swaini

hi would you supply the adapter for the howell efi kit which would allow the use of the stock air intake, separately??
TIA
swaini

We do not have an air cleaner adapter for the Howell kit. They aren't sold in enough numbers to justify tooling up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom