Holley Sniper & Howell Fuel Injection Kits - MUD Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.mosleymotors.com
Now offering a 'mud discount for the Howell Fuel F/2F Injection Kits. Use the code MUD50 at checkout for $50 off. Shipping is on us.

Whether your carb needs a rebuild or you just want effortless cold starts and a more refined driving experience, fuel injection is one of the best improvements you can add.

This kit uses the GM TBI system and mounts to the intake manifold with an adapter. The wiring harness, fuel pump block off, fuel system w/ high quality Walbro inline pump, and the computer tuned for the 2F are all included.

Order online at: https://www.mosleymotors.com/land-cruiser-tbi-fuel-injection-kits

2F TBI Kit.jpg

Last edited:
Would this kit work for 3F as well?

AFAIK the mounting is the same. Carb'd 3F isn't common in the US though.

Very interested in the in-tank FJ40 TBI pump - here: PA Series In Tank Fuel Pump Module

It appears you cut a new hole in the 40 tank, but will it fit an otherwise-stock FJ40 tank with the OEM baffles and sending unit?

Thanks - Steve

Very interested in the in-tank FJ40 TBI pump - here: PA Series In Tank Fuel Pump Module

It appears you cut a new hole in the 40 tank, but will it fit an otherwise-stock FJ40 tank with the OEM baffles and sending unit?

Thanks - Steve

I can confirm it will fit in a ‘69 tank. There is just enough room to dodge the baffles & float.

Here is the fp module installed in a 72 tank. Had to cut the fuel pump tray down about 2". I ordered a new oem tank but with the top of the tank having ribs in it, there was no way to get it to fit.

20180814_141818.jpg

That’s right about where I had it. The silver dotted line is the outline/angle I had the tray.

1B50ADB0-B47F-4771-9D81-A0354F933B58.jpeg

How much cable is provided with the wiring harness? Or more to the point where are you mounting the ECM on a FJ40?

They are typically mounted in the glovebox. The wiring harness can be made longer if someone has something else in mind.

That’s right about where I had it. The silver dotted line is the outline/angle I had the tray.

Cameron and Rusty 72 - thanks for the photos. Are the pumps fairly quiet in the tank (since the tank is in-cab)?

They are pretty quiet. You can hear a little low-tone vibration when it primes & engine hasn’t been started yet if the tank level is low. Very quiet when full. Totally masked by operating noises when the truck is running.

I have this installed in my 75 and it works great. Much better power response and as a bonus it probably doubled my MPG to 14. Easy to start in cold or hot weather and at altitude in Colorado. It can become expensive but for me it was worth the price.

Update - due to the popularity of the Holley Sniper systems, we are adding it to our product line. You can purchase just the Sniper System, or a "kit" which we piece together that is more complete and with better components than the Master Kit from Holley. This includes an intake adapter, choice of inline or in-take fuel pump, fittings, hoses, throttle cable, and more. Save yourself the hours of research and time tracking down parts.

Use the code ‘MUD50’ for $50 off any Sniper kit.

Last edited:
Here’s a few of our Sniper installations. These are quickly becoming the most popular EFI conversion...

CB1440BD-F023-4190-BDC8-E76BE83B6DD2.jpeg

269126F7-FDEB-4C12-AF62-A6C8421E7E4A.jpeg

BA4F30B9-DDF4-4BAD-9AF4-49326511DE89.jpeg

Last edited:
Cameron. What are you using to adapt the stock fj40 air cleaner to the sniper?

I’ve got an aluminum adapter that bridges the height gap and has an offset opening to allow the stock air cleaner to bolt back in the original location*.

It is currently available in prototype form, but not yet included in the kit.

I’ve come across two different heights, so I’d need to verify that before sending.

C3E2816B-7F28-43D4-92C0-F2319E73011D.jpeg

F5F35423-5BD3-4E78-B21D-AE2B028ABD3D.jpeg

*bolt in fit assumes you are using our intake adapter, and the same style carb insulator, intake manifold, cylinder head & valve cover that would have have been found together originally. Mixing and matching parts may require a different height.

I’ve got an aluminum adapter that bridges the height gap and has an offset opening to allow the stock air cleaner to bolt back in the original location*.

I’ve come across two different heights, so I’d need to verify that before sending.

View attachment 2073672

View attachment 2073673

*bolt in fit assumes you are using our intake adapter, and the same style carb insulator, intake manifold, cylinder head & valve cover that would have have been found together originally. Mixing and matching parts may require a different height.
Yes, the height differences are between the 60 and 40. The 40 has a taller valve cover so the air cleaner sits higher.

A couple of questions...back to the 40 air cleaner adapter, do you have these available to purchase? I'm also curious what distributors you guys are using for the Sniper 2300 kits?

A couple of questions...back to the 40 air cleaner adapter, do you have these available to purchase? I'm also curious what distributors you guys are using for the Sniper 2300 kits?

The air cleaner adapters are out of stock at the moment, but I will be making more in the next week or so. Also made some templates for these hardlines that mimic the factory lines that wrap around the valve cover. A few sets are in the wild for testing:

4430E40F-1980-4968-8B41-908A82C18C22.jpeg

EFD4F842-E15E-4E51-A4CC-6DCCEB78F651.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom