Holley Sniper 2300 install with PowerSurge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That bus bar is sweet. Did you see this product from Blue Sea Systems? It’s the same bus bar but with 100A fuses for each terminal.
Amazon product ASIN B01HJTCNXG
I might have misunderstood what you mean by 'each terminal', but the BS 5023ST is 100A total, 30A per branch fuse block, similar to the BS 2340 mentioned by brian az above.

Blue Sea is tip-top quality, a bit spendy. Used them exclusively re-wiring my boat. Made/distributed in Bellingham WA, 45min drive from me. A humongous variety of solid electrical products. Can't do better if rewiring your FJ. No, not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Hows is the power surge holding up? About to do the Holley 2300 on my 74' FJ40 and noticed you had success with it.
They are really great. I have one here that was used about 40 miles. Pm me for a deal

I’ve had as many as 3 going at one time in my trucks. Zero issues

Last edited:
Hows is the power surge holding up? About to do the Holley 2300 on my 74' FJ40 and noticed you had success with it.

Still going strong. I probably have 1000 miles on it. Even after sitting a few weeks at a time, it just fires right up.

I still want to do a cleaner job with the wiring; I’ll save that for when it’s a little cooler in the garage. And I’ll still probably have a better bracket fabbed up to hold the PowerSurge, although my Home Depot angle iron is working fine.

Anyway, the whole setup is great. I really think the PowerSurge is the superior option for the fuel pump. Although I have nothing to compare it to. It was pretty easy though

Still going strong. I probably have 1000 miles on it. Even after sitting a few weeks at a time, it just fires right up.

I still want to do a cleaner job with the wiring; I’ll save that for when it’s a little cooler in the garage. And I’ll still probably have a better bracket fabbed up to hold the PowerSurge, although my Home Depot angle iron is working fine.

Anyway, the whole setup is great. I really think the PowerSurge is the superior option for the fuel pump. Although I have nothing to compare it to. It was pretty easy though

That is good to here. Nolen hooked me up with one so that is the plan now.

I did the in-tank pump in a 38 gallon 62 tank. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone the PS instead.

Copious amounts of sound deadening made the noise bearable, but I am thinking of increasing my hardlines to 3/8 to ease resistance.
Another mistake I made was mounting the O2 sensor vertical (needs to be angled down) and too close to the collector on the header. Now fixed after burning out original sensor after 18 months.

I did the in-tank pump in a 38 gallon 62 tank. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone the PS instead.

Copious amounts of sound deadening made the noise bearable, but I am thinking of increasing my hardlines to 3/8 to ease resistance.
Another mistake I made was mounting the O2 sensor vertical (needs to be angled down) and too close to the collector on the header. Now fixed after burning out original sensor after 18 months.

My in tank I did on my LRA is pretty quiet. In fact I can barely hear it prime. It’s some Denso Mosley sent me. Like you, I spent a ton of time on that in tank pump cutting the access door and the hole for the pump. Way too much work actually.

I too put too many O2 in the wrong spots and not I’m just using this on them and my O2 burning has gone away.

As for angle they recommend an angle but I don’t see that it’s down. Just not vertical down

7D87A0C1-739E-44FE-AC9A-3662A3F48365.jpeg

C5B97734-A045-444C-B628-D9A60069C4E8.jpeg

My in tank I did on my LRA is pretty quiet. In fact I can barely hear it prime. It’s some Denso Mosley sent me. Like you, I spent a ton of time on that in tank pump cutting the access door and the hole for the pump. Way too much work actually.

I too put too many O2 in the wrong spots and not I’m just using this on them and my O2 burning has gone away.

As for angle they recommend an angle but I don’t see that it’s down. Just not vertical down

View attachment 2742979

View attachment 2742981

Is mine in a good spot? It’s 8” after the where the exhaust bolts to the manifold.

1627408458258.jpeg

Is mine in a good spot? It’s 8” after the where the exhaust bolts to the manifold.

View attachment 2743017
It looks vertical in the pic. It would be better if at the 2 o'clock position. I would let it be unless you're O2 sensor fails in the next 7,000 miles. It will read lean on the LCD when it does, but black smoke will be puffing out the tail pipe. The Bosch unit is $70, the Holley is $120,:they are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom