Holley fuel pump module for fj60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello ,

Has anyone used the Holley combined fuel pump module in a FJ60 fuel tank? Want to upgrade to their 2GC Sniper EFI system but want to keep the cutting and mods to a minimum.

Thank for the help.

James
1986 FJ60

have you checked out the pump/tank setup that goes in the engine bay? You keep your stock mechanical pump to feed a local reservoir which has a small electric pump to boost the pressure for the sniper. It looks like a nice clean setup and minimizes fuel system modifications. I’m blanking on the name however it’s been reviewed in one of the bigger Sniper threads on mud.

@MoaByte probably knows what I’m talking about.

**** found it:

It’s called Power Surge. Not sure if this is the only source but here is the info:

Last edited:
Im using the PowerSurge + was working great until recently. Hvn fuel preeure issues. @mattressking drove it recently and believes its totally unecessary....

Personally I don’t see why folks are using a surge tank with the mechanical pump. Usually you remove the mechanical pump and run an inline pump from tank to Holley. Anytime that’s done I’ve never seen fueling issues. That was my assumption with @WSOPgold2012 truck but it would clear up, so I can’t be positive either. Needed more diagnosis

I’m using the in-line pump. I wanted to use the in-tank pump but didn’t want to spend the extra cash at the time nor did I want to drop the tank and cut it. Other than being loud and a bit annoying at times the in-line pump works great.

I've been running a powerSurge with no problems so far. I went with the PowerSurge because I DID see a few references to fueling problems (FJ60 + Sniper) when using an inline pump alone, and didn't want to mess with the tank. I'd like to hear from anyone using an inline pump alone on a '60, and would like to know the nature of WSOPgold2012s fueling issue. And...... The pump in the PowerSurge is annoying too.

I've been running a powerSurge with no problems so far. I went with the PowerSurge because I DID see a few references to fueling problems (FJ60 + Sniper) when using an inline pump alone, and didn't want to mess with the tank. I'd like to hear from anyone using an inline pump alone on a '60, and would like to know the nature of WSOPgold2012s fueling issue.
Like I said above, it’s working fine for me right now. Loud, yes… prone to hits from rocks and what not, definitely. I’m running soft lines from the tank to the sniper. I’d rather have hard lines and an in-tank pump to avoid exposure to debris on the trail. Holley suggests 3/8 lines from the tank and 3/8 back to the tank. I’m using 5/16 from the sniper to the original hard return line. It seems to function fine for the most part. I have no hard bends in my soft lines so things flow freely. The truck does stall out if I’m not up to operating temps and if I have a very heavy load and I’m not quick enough on the clutch and that may be related to fuel pressure in the return lines… but my fuel pressure gauge shows around 60-62 psi which is right where you want it. I am curious to see what a 3/8 return line would do, but not enough to change it out right now.

I just drove this truck across the country completely overloaded and it did fine once I got out of Colorado and away from the steep inclines.

I've been running a powerSurge with no problems so far. I went with the PowerSurge because I DID see a few references to fueling problems (FJ60 + Sniper) when using an inline pump alone, and didn't want to mess with the tank. I'd like to hear from anyone using an inline pump alone on a '60, and would like to know the nature of WSOPgold2012s fueling issue. And...... The pump in the PowerSurge is annoying too.

Unfortunately/fortunately itll mostt likely never get resolved as My rig is getting an LS3. Replaced this part as Holley said other ppl hvn issues...didnt solve the issue. Until this recent low pressure issue...i never haf any issues.

Screenshot_20211128-143558_Messages.jpg

Hello ,

Has anyone used the Holley combined fuel pump module in a FJ60 fuel tank? Want to upgrade to their 2GC Sniper EFI system but want to keep the cutting and mods to a minimum.

Thank for the help.

James
1986 FJ60
Source an fj62 fuel tank and use a tanks inc fuel pump module and the adapter i make to adapt the tanks inc fuel pump module to the fj62 fuel tank . Tgis picture is of a long range tank for an fj62 but going in a 60 that is ls swapped.
Tommy

Screenshot_20210821-222842.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom