1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

holley avenger 670 carb?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ40Dude75, Nov 2, 2003.

1. FJ40Dude75

FJ40Dude75

just tested out the new OFFROAD carb and Its either a lemon or its just junk followed all instructions and on the hill climbs it just sputters and carrys on like the edelbrock I replaced also at 4 grand it just sputters and carrys on has anyone else had these problems ???

2. HI^C

HI^C

buddy wheels a 85 V8 4runner with that carb has little to no problems. Says it acts up every now and again but is pretty happy with it.

3. 1Fine40

1Fine40 Rust Buster SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    :doh: Two fellow wheelers have Holleys that I run around with on occasion. One of them is totally worthless off the pavement. I always end up towing him......The other is set up by a local carb guru, and it does pretty good for itself, but the old QJet I have is still much more stable. They are cheap and plentiful....AFAIK, a :banana: :banana: :banana: job to rebuild...
    YMMV :cheers:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">