Holidays Wheelin? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael and I are in now that I have the new bumper :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Thanks for all the help Kevin :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I just spoke to Crash Pilot Bob - he's in too. Well be at Basha's 9-ish.

Weather always makes it intersting - snow possible above 3,000 ft!

Carl

I'm so disappointed Claudia... I thought we could be friends, but if you're gonna fix everything that gets a wee scuff on it...

-Spike

I'm so disappointed Claudia... I thought we could be friends, but if you're gonna fix everything that gets a wee scuff on it...

-Spike

:lol:

I could show you my rear door sill, if there was any left of it :flipoff2: as it were, there is silicone sealer in it's place so that the rear bed stays dry :hillbilly:

but I have to pull a plug for Dave Gore, I got a fine price on that bumper :D ;) :grinpimp:

Silicone... well, perhaps there's hope for you yet! :hillbilly:

-Spike

Silicone... well, perhaps there's hope for you yet! :hillbilly:

-Spike

only with silicone was I able to avert the yellow expanding construction foam Michael wanted to use :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Are there plans for a Saturday run? If so I'm interested...Have fun tomorrow.

yup, plans - no details yet ;)

Michael wants to do something off of Beeline, since he has to put the truck back in storage in Fountain Hills before 6p.m.

Last edited:
Crap!!!:mad: I know you are all on the road already, but I just have to vent. I will not be able to go wheeling today because I am stuck dealing with a @#$!&!! attorney. I don't know why I thought closing on a house would be a pleasant experience, or that the people responsible for determining clear title would do their jobs. If you see steam rising from west Mesa that will be coming from my ears. I feel a very strong urge to punch something!!

There. . . I'm better now.

Thanks for listening. Hope you have fun today. . . without me.

At least me an one other vehicle (maybe two or 3 others) are going out tomorrow. Plan is to run H2H and AA. If the weather is good.....we'll probably go out Saturday as well and maybe run something like Elvis and Bad Medicine. We're kinda just playing it by ear at this point.

Don't know how you're set up but if you're locked f/r, 35"+ tires, mechanically sound and don't cry over a little body damage (hell, I just might :lol: ) then you're welcome to join us.

Sean

Crap!!!:mad: I know you are all on the road already, but I just have to vent. I will not be able to go wheeling today because I am stuck dealing with a @#$!&!! attorney. I don't know why I thought closing on a house would be a pleasant experience, or that the people responsible for determining clear title would do their jobs. If you see steam rising from west Mesa that will be coming from my ears. I feel a very strong urge to punch something!!

The fact that you, of all people, are ready to punch anything, kinda scares me.

Hope all went well.

Believe me, I can feel your pain...I just finally finished closing on mine after it stringing along for over a month and a half.:frown:

Here's a few pictures from yesterday's run through Telegraph Canyon:

Weather was overcast with a few intermittent sprinkles, we got the 'getting lost' part of the trip right out of the way before we even hit dirt :D , so there's our little group (Carl/FJC-Bob/TJ-Kevin/LX-Rob/80-Phil/40-Ben/80-Michael/K5-Claudia/40) at the air-down spot, and a little further in on the right path, and of course then there's a picture of the new bumper! :grinpimp:
DSC02906.jpg
DSC02915.jpg
DSC02919.jpg

Last edited:
The weather was awesome - the low clouds and light made the scenery spectacular. Unfortuanately most of my pics were with my 35mm SLR, only shot a few w/ the digital quickie. I'll review and post some l8r. Great day guys!

Matthew, hope you got everything cleared up!

The trail winds itself through valleys with dense desert vegetation, and there's something timeless about a picture of an FJ40 on a desert trail... even if it's one that doesn't sound right :D . Michael said the 350 sounded just fine - but that't the Chevy guys talking...:rolleyes: ;) . We came out a Ajax mine, and tried a few rocks in the lower part of the trail.

Another great day on the trails, in good company, capped off by a great Mexican dinner! A few more pics later, as Michael is off to FJ to meet a few of his friends.
DSC02922.jpg
DSC02929.jpg
DSC02935.jpg

Here's some of the pix I shot. Beautiful and unusual desert scenes in the rain - Martinez Spires area and Rob finding the perfect parking spot;)
martinezspires.jpg
desertrain.jpg
robsrig.jpg

As Claudia said, we exited via Ajax, here are a few shots from the processing center at the mine site -
ajaxmine.jpg
ajax2.jpg
ajaxkevin.jpg

Of course we do embrace diversity, so we had our obligatory GMC and Jeep companions. Below is CP Bob chasing spike over an obstacle on Ajax, a poser shot, and Lindy inspecting for damage after he dragged his @ss over the rox.
bob-spike.jpg
bobrox.jpg
lindyinspect.jpg

Another excellent day on the trail with a great group of wheelers!:cool:

Found a couple of more trails that "need" to be explored, just east of Ajax Mine on FR4 there is a cross road, two trails split off, one looks like it loops east through the valley to Orphan Boy Mine, the other looks to go more south into the mountains in the Martinez direction?
12-28-2006_1.jpg
12-28-2006_2.jpg
12-28-2006_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom